I receive a lot of messages and questions and I think, by far, one of the most popular requests I receive is this, "Give me your best recipe to wow some non-vegan guests!" I hear it all the time. People have family members, friends or guests that they want to wow and prove how delicious vegan food truly is and that's it's not some weird alien food, haha! OR, they want something they can fix that nobody will KNOW it's vegan, hahaha. You guys are sneaky. Well, that inspired me to compile a list so that instead of answering that question with multiple links each time, I will now have this handy post ready!
Each of these recipes I share today are ones that have repeatedly gotten rave reviews from readers saying..."nobody could believe this was vegan!" or "my meat-eating husband devoured this!" While I have many, many more recipes that are hits, I have chosen 20 that I feel anybody and everybody loves.
Nobody has to eat salads or live on lettuce to be vegan and this list will prove that. Honestly, I rarely ever eat salads. I like them, but I'm just more of a hearty eater. Stews, chilis, pasta, tacos, etc. FEED ME. I'm a Texas girl, I like food, haha.
VEGAN RECIPES TO WOW NON-VEGANS
So, here you have it. My top 20 vegan recipes that all of my non-vegan family, friends and guests happily stuff down their faces and as well, many readers report these same results! Bonus that they are all oil-free and gluten-free. Not to mention, 8 ingredients or less. The Mexican Chili is my oldest recipe in the list, 5 years old, so it is from my old blog and is not 8 ingredients. However, since all my meat-eating family and relatives LOVE IT, it deserved a spot.
#1 No surprise. VEGAN GARLIC ALFREDO. Most people have tried this so far that have visited my blog, it's the most made recipe every single week and the highest rated recipe. It is one of my oldest recipes and sadly, one of the most copied. However, the original comes from my blog. I originally posted it in 2013. It was the one featured in the movie Eating You Alive that I cook and after seeing that movie, it got a high praise from actress Mayim Malik. She talked about how amazing it was to her and her kids on her IG page and it pretty much made my whole year, lol.
2. CHEESY MEXICAN TORTILLA BAKE....only posted 2 months ago and is already had an enormous amount of remakes and stellar reviews. It's sooo cheesy, hearty and comforting. Meat-eaters, hubbies, kids, teenagers are all loving it. Also, super fast to make.
3. VEGAN LAZY DAY TOMATO BISQUE...when readers and dairy-eaters are all telling me it's the best tomato bisque they've ever had and way better than La Madeleine's signature soup, then I know that they feel the same way I did the day I created it. It seriously is the creamiest most delicious tomato soup. It feels guilty, yet it's so good for you.
4. SWEET POTATO, CHICKPEA AND SPINACH COCONUT CURRY...now this is the only recipe I'm sharing in this list that is not mine. I shared this recipe last year for Oh She Glows 2nd cookbook tour. Well, I had no idea this would happen, but my pin freaking exploded and it has over 100k pins now! So many people have made this recipe and loved it and I'm just so grateful to Angela for allowing me to share it here on my blog! It is truly delicious, so give it a try!
5. SMOKY WHITE BEAN POTATO STEW WITH BROILED POBLANO PEPPERS...this isn't as known as some of my other recipes, but it is one of MY favorite recipes. It is one of the most delicious recipes I've ever created and it is FULL of flavor. Many reviews from readers who have made it and say it is reminiscent of a bean & bacon type of soup. It does require to soak the beans overnight, but it is WORTH it. These reader reviews should convince you to make it. There are many more at the link.
"My parents who are meateaters couldn't stop eating it."
"That was the best soup I have ever ever made. Ever. My husband just caught me licking the ladle while I was doing the dishes!"
6. 1 POT MEXICAN CHILI...I make this every single year for the holidays and it is a tradition in my family. None of my relatives are vegan and yet everybody absolutely loves it. It's super easy and fast to make and is full of flavor. All rave reviews from readers as well.
7. ROSEMARY SMOKY WHITE BEANS...this is my creation after the popular Zoe's Kitchen "Braised White Beans". Not only does my version contain zero oil, it tastes even better in my humble opinion, lol. These are so creamy, nobody will believe they are dairy-free.
8. EASY SKILLET BBQ BAKED BEANS....full of flavor and so much better than the canned version we grew up on!
9. HEARTY VEGGIE POTATO STEW....rated by many readers as the best stew they've ever had! Promise you won't miss the meat on this one.
10. RICE, BLACK BEAN AND AVOCADO RICE BOWLS WITH FAT-FREE CHILI MUSTARD SAUCE.....one of my most popular recipes for the past 2 years. This recipe is ridiculously simple to make and that sauce...well, you might just want to drink it!
11. MEXICAN BLACK BEAN BURGERS....my all-time favorite plant-based burger. This baby is loaded with flavor and topped with my Mexican Tahini Sauce. It's a flavor explosion and has countless rave reviews. I am particularly fond of this one I just recently received.
"These turned out amazing! I have eaten many veggie burgers at expensive restaurants..and this is truly the BEST!!! On the bottom of the burger I put a slice of tomato and a leaf of lettuce; on the top I put tahini sauce, sliced leek, feta, and some bruschetta. So SO good!"
14. CLASSIC VEGAN NOODLE SOUP...many readers have told me this is their favorite soup and they love it more than the traditional chicken noodle soup. It has so much flavor and sure makes you feel good.
15. BUFFALO HUMMUS...I really can't say much more than you need to make this now.
Now, for a few desserts to wow your friends.
16. DOUBLE CHOCOLATE SUNFLOWER BROWNIES....my all-time favorite brownie. These have a super rich chocolate taste, really fudgy and dense and a delicious crust on top! So many awesome reviews.
17. 4 INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM...amazing, that is all I can say. I can't even tell you how many reviews have said this is the best ice cream they've ever had, vegan or not! The fact it's so easy and requires NO ice cream maker just makes it that much better.
18. BEST VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES....gluten-free, oil-free and yet, incredible.
19. VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE FUNFETTI BIRTHDAY CAKE...I have many cake recipes on my blog that are huge hits, but this one really takes the cake...hahaha. This one has become my most popular with reviews coming in weekly on social media! Kids, adults, everybody loves it.