30 Minute Vegan Mexican Chili. This chili is the most amazing vegan chili ever and is made in 1 pot! SO much flavor, yet meatless, filling, hearty and made with red and black beans. It takes just 30 minutes and all made in one pot. Made with such easy simple ingredients.
Yummy stuff right here...and on the table in about 30 minutes. This vegan chili doesn't need hours simmering, yet it's loaded with flavor and hearty vegetables to fill you up and warm your body for the cool Fall weather. It's a staple in my household and always a hit over the holidays with guests. A chili can be vegan and still be incredibly filling and delicious, such as this bowl right here. I promise you, and your guests, will not be missing the meat.
HOW DO YOU MAKE VEGAN CHILI?
You just need easy, simple ingredients and 1 pot!
- 1 cup chopped red onion (about half of a large onion)
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup low sodium tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder (use less for a less spicy version)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon (20g) maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt (adjust as desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 15oz cans of beans (I used 1 black beans and 1 red beans)
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic to a large pot with JUST 1/2 of the broth over medium heat. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring often, until they are starting to get tender, but not fully. Add just a tiny bit more broth if needed just to keep them cooking.
- Add the remaining ingredients, (except the corn and beans) including the remaining cup of broth and stir really well. Bring to a boil and once boiling, cover and turn to low simmer for 10-15 minutes until the veggies are tender.
- Drain and rinse the beans while the chili is cooking. Add the beans and corn. Bring back to a boil and then cover and simmer another 10 minutes. Depending on how thick or thin you want your chili, add more broth. Garnish with sliced avocado and any other toppings you like.
I hope you love this 30 Minute 1 Pot Vegan Mexican Chili, I'd love to hear your feedback below in the comments! Be sure to check out my other chili, Chipotle Pumpkin Chili, so different but a huge reader favorite!
Note: This recipe is one of my older ones (before I started this blog, The Vegan 8), so it is 11 ingredients and not 8, however, that is still a really low amount of ingredients and comes together quickly in just one pot! Enjoy!