5 ingredients and 5 minutes prep is all you need to bake this absolutely, delicious homemade granola. No need for the 15 ingredient granola recipe today, I’m making this real easy for ya. Seriously, you can add 5 different nuts and some dried fruit if you wish, but it’s just not necessary for it to be delicious. It’s shocking how yummy this granola is with such few ingredients. Only negative, is it’s gone in minutes in my household.
You don’t need to spend a ridiculous amount for a small bag at the store for granola that contains too much sugar, too much oil and too many preservatives. I’ve never found one brand that didn’t have some oil or preservatives in it. Making it homemade ensures it is fresh, healthy and so much yummier!
It makes the perfect healthy cereal, when served with homemade almond milk! Seriously, cereal at the store is nothing but a box of sugar. This bowl is pure delicious, wholesome goodness.
HOW DO YOU MAKE OIL-FREE GRANOLA?
Just mix the dry ingredients, add the wet and mix until a sticky batter forms.
and bake….so easy.
If you make this 5 Ingredient Cinnamon Granola, I’d love to hear about it!
Oil-Free 5 Ingredient Cinnamon Granola
- 2 cups old fashioned oats I use Bob's Red Mill gluten-free
- 1 cup chopped pecans pecans are best because they lend a very buttery flavor
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt optional, but slightly enhances flavor
- If you or your child can't tolerate nuts than this recipe can easily be made nut-free & kid-friendly by using sunflower kernels instead of pecans and sunbutter instead of almond butter.
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place middle oven rack on the bottom rack.
- Add oats, pecans, cinnamon and salt to a large bowl and whisk well.
- Add almond butter and syrup to a cup or small bowl and stir well. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir until very well mixed and sticky.
- Pour over the prepared pan and spread out evenly, about a 1/2 inch thick. Bake for 15 minutes on the bottom rack. Remove the pan, stir the granola around so that the bottom can cook evenly. Place back in the oven and cook another 10-12 minutes until very golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes while it crisps up. Store in a ziplock bag or plastic container. It will stay fresh for up to one week, if it even lasts that long!
*Gluten-free, oil-free, vegan, nut-free option
*Nutrition per 1/2 cup: 231 calories, 4.26 g protein, 13.32 g fat, 26.8 carbs