I asked on Facebook for everybody to vote on the next recipe I posted….it was between this one and chunky potato soup. There were some votes for the potato soup, but this recipe won hands down. Don’t worry though….the chunky potato soup is coming soon and it is probably one of the best potato soups I’ve ever had….certainly the healthiest.
This sauce is SO ridiculously easy and topping it with fresh basil just makes it perfect and it’s a new favorite with my husband. He cannot really have cashews, so instead of making sauces with the typical cashews, I tried pine nuts instead, and it’s super delicious.
The pine nuts give this sauce a slightly, sweet flavor and are buttery. I absolutely love them and have more recipes coming up with them!
I absolutely love that you can make dairy-free sauces that taste just as delicious and the butter and cream-filled ones. This vegan creamy red pepper sauce with fresh basil is no exception. It is also oil-free and just 8 ingredients, what a huge bonus!
I’d love to hear if you make this Vegan Roasted Creamy Red Pepper Sauce with Basil! Leave me feedback below in the comments after you make it.
Creamy Red Pepper Sauce With Fresh Basil
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or cashews I actually only make this with cashews now!
- 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic about 3 large cloves
- 2 tsp chili powder
- Fresh basil 1/4 cup chopped
- 12 oz gluten-free brown rice spiral pasta
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the whole bell peppers on the pan and roast for 20-25 minutes until well browned.
- Carefully slice the bell peppers and remove the stem and seeds and add to a blender.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients (except the basil) and blend until smooth. Taste and add any additional salt or spices, if desired.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil and pine nuts. Serve over spiral pasta. I much prefer the spiral pasta over spaghetti noodles for this sauce because it gets in between the grooves and has a better texture.
*Gluten-free, oil-free, soy-free, dairy-free
Don’t forget to PRE-ORDER my cookbook and get the 5 FREE BONUS Recipes Ebook today sent to your email! Click the photo for all the details about the book and where to send a copy of your receipt to for your bonus recipes!