This is a short post today, but I made this delicious smoothie this morning and just wanted to share it's fruity yumminess with you all! SO GOOD and super, duper fruity!
I also wanted to thank all of you for your support and voting, if you voted for me in The Vegan Woman's contest for the top vegan blogs of 2014. I got #5 in "The Top 20 Vegan Blogs To Watch". What?! I was shocked when I got the email this morning. The Vegan 8 is my little baby that just began in October, which is when all my followers and growth began, so thank you from the bottom of my heart! There is so many amazing blogs out there, so I was humbled to be apart of the group.
Back to the recipe.....let me know if you make it, tag me @thevegan8 and please also use hashtag #thevegan8 on Instagram or leave me feedback here on my blog. Enjoy!
Super Fruity Berry Smoothie
- Large handful fresh kale
- Two 10 oz frozen bags of strawberries about 3 cups This eliminates the need for ice, so it doesn't dilute the flavor.
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries or cherries if you don't like raspberries
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh applesauce
- 1 1/2 scoops Sprout Living Vanilla Lucuma protein powder Gives the smoothie a floral flavor
- 1 cup water or just enough to blend without making it too watery.
- Add all of ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Adjust water as needed. I just eyeballed it and added just enough so that it would be thick and smooth, not too watery or dilute the flavors.