Instead of processed candy, instead make these Healthy Valentine's Day Candy from fresh strawberries and vegan chocolate. They are impressive and delicious!
The perfect recipe just in time for the big V Day are these Healthy Valentine's Day Candy! Ok, so this is probably not even a recipe, but more like an idea for Valentine's Day. We have probably all seen chocolate dipped strawberries or chocolate coated strawberries. However, after seeing all the ads lately with all the traditional chalky Valentine's Day candy with all the cute quotes on them, I thought that would be a great idea to do it to strawberries. Much healthier and super delicious.
It is the day of love after all, so something cute and festive I wanted to create. My perfect little hand model ate a bazillion of these Healthy Valentine's Day Candy Strawberries.
Exhibit A. Look at that adorable messy strawberry face.
So, as you might have guessed....all you need is 2 ingredients for this healthy vegan candy....some strawberries and some chocolate. I used unsweetened chocolate, that way it made this dessert entirely sugar-free, with the exception of the natural sugars in strawberries.
USE A DECORATING PEN FOR CLEAN CHOCOLATE WRITING
Oh, and you will need one of the decorating pens. I bought this one from Sur La Table. Make sure to watch the little video tutorial if you buy that one, as it helps to know how to properly use it. You could try to do it with a baggy, cutting off the corner, but it might get a little messy that way. The pen was super cool, but it still wasn't as easy as I thought it would be to neatly write out the words. At least, for me it wasn't, haha! It really requires a steady hand and this isn't something I EVER do, so they don't look as perfect as I'd like, but not terrible either.
This was a fun idea that I came up with and wanted to share, so if you make these or decide to share them on your blog, please link back and give credit to my blog. Thank you! I'd also love to hear your feedback below if you make these healthy vegan candy.
Other Healthy Vegan Candy:
HEALTHY VALENTINE'S DAY CANDY
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- 3 cups strawberries
- Decorating pin (see above post for pin I used)
- Note: Alternatively, you could add the melted chocolate to a ziplock bag and cut a tiny corner off and pipe the chocolate that way, but I think it will be much harder to be precise, which is why I just bought a pin.
- Clean and papertowel dry your strawberries.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir and then a couple more 15 second intervals until melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate. If using a decorative pin, use the chocolate right away because it will get harder to squeeze as it cools.
- The chocolate will harden rather quickly after applying, especially if you just removed your strawberries from the fridge. Otherwise, let them harden at room temperature or in the fridge. Enjoy!
Hope everybody has a wonderful Valentine's Day! Be sure to check out my last Valentine's Day post that I wrote for Pottery Barn, and to make the 1 Bowl Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake for Two!