So, so, so chocolatey. That is what I kept saying while eating this. This granola has such an incredible, true chocolate flavor. That's all you will think about while eating this. The blackstrap molasses may seem like an odd addition, but I like to add it to my chocolate recipes sometimes because it further enriches the chocolate flavor. I love having granola on hand. It's the perfect snack to keep you from starving when you are out from the house and don't want to have to stop to eat junk. I also love homemade granola for eating cereal with homemade almond milk. So much healthier than cereal from the store! It's everything granola should be...crunchy, full of flavor, perfect amount of sweetness, and of course, chocolate. This amazing chocolate granola is ready in 30 minutes! Now tell me again any excuse you have not to make it? I have a good collection of granola recipes building up on the blog and I make it so much, that I need to continue to add more recipes. So much cheaper and tastier than the storebought varieties anyways, which always contain oil as well. I originally shared this back on Instagram a few weeks back and it's so darn incredible, it's finally made it's way onto the blog. This entire granola recipe is just 8 ingredients (including salt)! This granola is also vegan, gluten-free and oil-free. Yeah buddy. Other recipes that include chocolate and molasses?
I can't wait to hear what you think of this Nut-Free Double Chocolate Molasses Granola. Drop me feedback below as I love to have it here on the blog connected to the recipe and it brightens my day! I'd also love to see your pic on Instagram. Make sure to tag me @thevegan8 and put my hashtag #thevegan8 in your CAPTION! For some reason, I have been missing many tags from you guys now unless my hashtag is in your caption....more crazy changes with IG. I don't want to miss it. Thanks!
Load up your bowl with this granola, pour some almond milk over it, top it with fruit and you got a seriously delicious and healthy breakfast. Go make this. Now.
Nut-Free Double Chocolate Molasses Granola
- 2 cups old fashioned gluten-free oats 192 g, I use Bob's Red Mill certified GF
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 30 g
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels 44 g
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup mini dairy-free chocolate chips 50 g
- 1/4 cup creamy sunbutter use almond butter if you aren't allergic to nuts
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup 90 mL
- 1/2 tablespoon blackstrap molasses helps the rich chocolate flavor and make the granola clump nicely
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, cocoa powder, sunflower kernels, salt and chocolate chips. Then warm up you sunbutter to a smooth consistency if it's really thick or cold(or almond butter). Stir it with the syrup and molasses. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until it all comes together and is very sticky.
- Spread out evenly flat onto the pan about 1/2 inch thick. Bake on the bottom LOW rack 15 minutes, remove and stir the granola around from underneath so it will cook evenly. Place back in the oven on the low rack and bake another 8 minutes. Watch closely so the edges don't burn. Let cool 10 minutes while it crisps up. Enjoy on it's own or in parfaits or on ice cream or as breakfast cereal!