You only need 8 ingredients to make these amazing Chocolate Pecan Granola Bars. They are vegan, gluten-free and no added oils! These are so delicious and made with wholesome ingredients, that you will never need to buy preservative and chemical-filled store versions again.
2 of my favorite things in the world are chocolate and pecans. Combining them into granola bars turns into the most delicious healthy snack. I usually make batches of granola to take as snacks when on-the-go, but it can somewhat be a pain to keep grabbing handfuls of granola in the car, dropping crumbs all over the place. So, I decided some bars were in order. I have a few delicious vegan granola bars already on the blog.
NATURALLY SWEETENED AND OIL-FREE
These are so delicious y'all, perfectly and naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup and with a buttery touch from the pecans. No need for oil! These are chewy, dense and have a slight crispy touch from the brown rice crisp cereal. They really are the perfect granola bar.
I hope you really love these healthy Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Pecan Granola Bars! They are so simple to make, just 8 ingredients (+salt&water) and about 30 minutes to make. Be sure to leave feedback below after you make them.
Looking for more chocolate and oat granola inspiration? Then check out this super popular Double Chocolate Molasses Granola....and, it's nut-free!
And I made another video!! You all were so excited over the video I did on the Fudgy Low-Fat Vegan Brownies from 2 weeks ago, that I was excited to do another one!
Chocolate Pecan Granola Bars
- 2 cups 214 g old fashioned rolled oats (use gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 cup 20 g brown rice crisp cereal (I use Nature's Path, only ingredient is rice)
- 1/2 cup 70 g pecan pieces (if using pecan halves, give a rough chop so they are small pieces)
- 1/4 cup 24 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons 200g pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup 64g almond butter
- 2 tablespoons 30 ml water
- 1/4 cup 24 g ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 metal pan with parchment paper going both directions for easy removal later.
- To a large bowl, add the oats, rice cereal, pecans and cocoa powder. Stir well to mix everything.
- To a small pot, add the syrup, almond butter and water. Turn the heat to medium, once it is bubbling stir well to mix the ingredients until smooth and let it bubble for a good minute. Now stir in the flaxseed, vanilla and salt until smooth. It is very important that you are adding the flaxseed at this step because it causes the flaxseed to react and become much more sticky this way, which will help the bars hold.
- Pour the heated mixture over the dry ingredients and stir for a couple of minutes until everything comes together and is sticky, making sure to get everything at the bottom of bowl. Stir and press the mixture with the back of a metal spoon to help it get sticky.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and press down the mixture with the back of a spoon or spatula, making sure to spread it evenly and flat and not forgetting the corners. Place a piece of parchment paper on top and press down flat and hard with your hands. Go along the edges with your fingernails pressing down to smooth the edges and corners, making it all even. This is important to help the bars bake firm and hold their shape.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until firm. 25 minutes will be soft and chewy (what I did) and 30 minutes will be harder and crispier. Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes, do not try and cut these early or they will fall apart! Slice them into desired shapes. I sliced them into 10 bars while still in the pan, the standard size of a granola bar, then place them in the fridge to finish completely cooling and firm up before removing from the pan, as they will still be tender. Then you can store each bar individually wrapped tightly and inside a container or large ziplock bag. The longer these sit, the firmer they get. They are the most firm by the next day.
Adapted from my Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Bars
Nutrition per bar (based on 10): Calories: 241.55 Fat: 11 g Carbohydrates: 36.1 g Sugar: 13.5 g Sodium: 46.45 mg Fiber: 5 g Protein: 6.2 g