Vegan Mini Cinnamon Sugar Cream Cheese Bundt Cakes. Sweet, bursting with cinnamon, vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free. These are filled with a vegan cream cheese swirl and are delicious, moist and so easy to make.
You all know how much I love to bake. It's my main passion, when it comes to cooking and creating. So, when Amy of Fragrant Vanilla Cake asked me to review her latest cookbook, "Just Vegan Cakes", obviously I said YES.
The sound of so many of the desserts in her cookbook had me drooling. I ultimately decided to share this Vegan Cinnamon Sugar Cream Cheese Bundt Cake (with her permission of course) because I love cinnamon more than any other flavor. I mean, a cinnamon and cream cheese flavored cake with lots of cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top?? Obviously, I couldn't wait to make these. I also liked that this one was made with coconut sugar. Guys, it is sooo delicious! Cinnamon-y, sugary, moist and rich!
This cake has a delicious cream cheese swirled throughout the batter and it not only smells divine, it tastes it too. Look how gorgeous the swirls look. The only thing different I did with her recipe, was to use "lite" canned coconut milk for the cake, instead of full fat coconut milk. There is already a good amount of oil in the cake (which I normally do not use) and a lot of cashew butter, so I figured I could still get by with the lite coconut milk and it still be plenty rich, and it was definitely very rich still.
Her whole book is filled with over 75 vegan and gluten-free recipes with amazing cupcakes, mini cakes, fancy cakes, you name it. So many beautiful, creative cakes to choose from. She even has an entire chapter dedicated to chocolate cakes. Um, yes! Seriously, any type of cake you can imagine. Everything from Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake, Caramel Pecan Cupcakes, PB & J Swirl Cheesecake, Flourless Caramel Cake, Chocolate Hazelnut Cake. Drooling, yet?
This book is for people who love rich desserts and to impress a crowd, as the majority of them contain oil, coconut butter or coconut milk. So, if anybody thinks vegan desserts are made with just boring veggies and no flavor, this book will show them otherwise! She even has many raw desserts and several beautiful cakes with hidden veggies like zucchini and beets. Nobody would know though, because they are still very rich. She even has a chapter on Ice Cream Cakes.
So, if you are looking for an amazing cookbook on rich vegan cakes, then you gotta get Amy's "Just Vegan Cakes" book!
I hope you all enjoy this lovely recipe, courtesy of Amy and her book. Be sure to leave feedback below if you make it!
This recipe below is printed with the permission of Amy at Fragrant Vanilla Cake. To order Amy's book, they can be purchased here.
Mini Cinnamon Sugar Cream Cheese Bundt Cakes (Giveaway!)
- 1/2 cup raw cashew butter
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk from the top of the can
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour SEE NOTE regarding brands
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp coconut oil If you need oil-free, try subbing with liquid coconut butter or applesauce, although I have not tried those
- 3 Tbsp aquafaba
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk I used light
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- NOTE: I tested these with 2 different all purpose gluten-free flour blends. Since gluten-free blends can react so vastly different I wanted to try more than one. I tested with the Bob's Red Mill GF 1 to 1 Baking Flour and also the King Arthur Multi Purpose gluten-free blend. They are both rice and starch flour blends, so pretty similar. I much preferred the King Arthur. It was softer and lighter and more of a cake texture, whereas the Bob's was very chewy. The main difference in the ingredients being that Bob's has gum in it, which would explain that texture difference. I don't like the result of gums, so while the King Arthur blend was more delicate, it was also lighter and a preferred texture for me personally. I cannot vouch for any other brands since I only tried those 2.
- Preheat oven to 375F, and oil a 4 hole mini bundt pan with coconut oil. Note: I could not find a 4 hole bundt pan anywhere, so I bought a 6 hole one and it was perfect for the amount of batter.
- To make the cream cheese, whisk together cheese ingredients until smooth and set aside.
- To make the batter, whisk together all dry ingredients in a large bowl, then whisk in all of the wet ingredients. Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Drop some of the cream cheese mixture over that, then top with remaining batter, then the remaining cream cheese mixture. Swirl around with a knife, to create marbling.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for about 15 minutes, then unmold.
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar topping in a bowl. Then once cakes are unmolded, dust them with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
She is allowing me to give away one of her cookbooks to one lucky US resident. Just enter the giveaway below! You must be subscribed to my blog to qualify. Either enter in the red box on the side bar or below the giveaway. All entries will be verified.
a Rafflecopter giveaway