This Easy Vegan Quick Curry is the perfect dinner for when you want a delicious, flavorful, hearty meal in no time! It’s a 1 pan curry that is ready in about 30 minutes, is oil-free, vegan, dairy-free and made with a homemade curry spice blend. It is so delicious and healthy!
EASY VEGAN QUICK CURRY
I love curries of all kinds and I especially love when they don’t take forever to be on my plate. I am all about fast and easy meals. But it’s never about sacrificing flavor. This is a curry that I created awhile back that stemmed from my Homemade Curry Powder. So many people make that curry blend mostly and absolutely love it and have made the curry as well and loved it. Sadly though, since I included both recipes on the same post, a lot of people miss that curry recipe and can’t find it. I’ve received suggestions to make the curry a full separate post and since I’m all about making your lives easier and yummier, here it is! I’m sure MOST of you don’t even know about this recipe, so I hope you make and love it.
This Easy Vegan Quick Curry is ready in about 30 minutes. Just make the spice blend the day before or the week of when you know you want to make this curry. That way it’s already on hand and makes dinnertime that much faster. It makes enough for 8 curries!
Just look at that gorgeous yellow. It’s important to use a creamy milk here for taste and texture purposes. Also, if you use a runny thin milk like almond, it will also dilute the color.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A VEGAN CURRY?
First, you will need to gather these 8 ingredients:
- curry spice blend
- red bell pepper
- coconut sugar
- cashew milk
- lime juice
Secondly, add the onion, bell pepper and zucchini in some water until they are getting tender, add the curry spice and cook another minute to soak up the remaining juices.
Add the milk, sugar, chickpeas and salt and cook another 10 minutes until everything, including the chickpeas, are tender. Add the lime juice and serve over rice or grain of choice. That’s it!
I really hope you all love this EASY VEGAN QUICK CURRY! Enjoy and drop me a line below after you make it.
Be sure to check out this Sweet Potato White Bean Curry Soup and use my homemade spice blend as well, it’s my all-time favorite curry soup!
Other Vegan Curry Recipes you guys are raving about:
- Thai Green Sweet Potato Curry
- Curried Jamaican Stew
- Lazy Red Lentil Curry Soup
- Vegan Cauliflower Curry Soup
Easy Quick Vegan Curry
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup (80g) finely diced onion
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 1 tablespoon Homemade Curry Spice Blend or store-bought yellow curry powder
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/4 cups (300g) cashew milk or canned "lite" coconut milk (do not recommend light milks or else the curry sauce will be runny
- 1 tablespoon (10g) coconut sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 tablespoon (15g) fresh lime juice
- optional for serving: rice or grain of choice
- Make the homemade curry spice blend, it's the best! Or use store-bought.
- Add the bell pepper, onion and zucchini to a large pan with 1/2 cup water and a sprinkle of salt over medium heat. Cover and cook for 8 minutes so that they begin to tenderize well. All the water should be evaporated by the 8 minutes, watch closely so the veggies don't stick to the bottom.
- Add the curry spice blend and stir it around and cook for about a minute.
- Next, add the milk, sugar, chickpeas and salt. Stir well and bring back to a boil, once boiling, immediately turn to simmer and cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the chickpeas and remaining veggies are at desired tenderness and the sauce has thickened some. You don't want the sauce too cooked down or you won't be able to enjoy all that yummy sauce over your rice. Stir in the lime juice. Taste and add anymore salt/sugar if needed. Eat as is or serve over rice or grain of choice. Be careful about adding too much rice or it will soak up all that delicious sauce, which you don't want.