Learn how to make homemade Vegan Caesar Dressing and salad at home! Oil-free and dairy-free. This Caesar dressing is made with only 6 main ingredients (+salt/pepper/water) and with buttery pine nuts, is oil-free & is so creamy and a crowd-pleaser.
My all-time favorite caesar dressing has always been at a restaurant called Houstons in my city of...wait for it....Houston. Their dressing is a bit different than typical caesar because it was a bit peppery. It was SO addictive and it always came on the largest salad you ever saw. My hubby and I used to always eat there and having the salad was the best part of the meal.
I kid you not....I'm so obsessed with this dressing, I have been eating a manly size salad every single day.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A VEGAN CAESAR SALAD?
Easy, you just start with my secret ingredient..unlike most vegan caesar dressings, I did not use cashews!
The nut of choice is pine nuts. Reason being is that pine nuts have a more oily, buttery taste to them and are slightly sweet....which basically, means a perfect caesar dressing.
Your easy vegan Caesar dressing ingredients:
- raw pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon raw agave
- nutritional yeast
- garlic cloves
- dried parsley
- black pepper and salt
I wanted to create a vegan caesar dressing that did not use cashews, oil or soy/tofu. Of course traditional caesar dressing recipes can contain raw egg yolks, anchovies or lots of oil/mayo....sounds kind of gross doesn't it? Sure, does taste good though.
Feel free to use your favorite greens for the salad. I used an Italian salad blend and also added lots of fresh broccoli and pine nuts because I love the added texture it gives. I also sprinkled some extra nutritional yeast on top.....so delicious!
I now have a new Vegan Caesar Dressing that is my favorite and it's actually a Vegan Caesar Smashed Chickpea Sandwich! That Caesar dressing contains NO nutritional yeast, so if you can't have it, just use that recipe instead.
Raw Vegan Caesar Dressing
- 1/2 heaping cup 75g raw pine nuts (you can sub cashews if necessary, it will just taste less authentic)
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons 105g water
- 2 tablespoons 30g fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon raw agave don't omit, this balances out the acidity of the lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender or food processor and blend until very smooth and creamy. I used my Vitamix, but I'm sure any blender or even a food processor would work since pine nuts are a soft nut. If you have a weak blender, I would suggest soaking the cashews (if using) overnight, drain and rinse, so your dressing isn't gritty.
- Place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes. It will be perfect for salads then as it gets well chilled and thickens up some.
- I used an Italian salad blend and added some broccoli, pine nuts, extra black pepper and nutritional yeast on top. However, feel free to use whatever greens you like.