The BEST VEGAN FLUFFY PANCAKES are just 7 ingredients and 1 bowl. They are oil-free, soft, fluffy and made with no eggs and are dairy-free!
*This post contains affiliate links. See my full disclosure policy here.
BEST VEGAN FLUFFY PANCAKES
Nothing says comfort food quite like a tall stack of fluffy pancakes with syrup drizzled all over them! In other words, I’m talking about these best vegan fluffy pancakes, ever. I’m no rookie when it comes to amazing vegan fluffy pancake recipes.
- Vegan Gluten-free Buttermilk Pancakes
- Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Fluffy Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- Vegan Life Changing Pancakes
I don’t often call a recipe the best, but just like with these Best Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies, these oil-free vegan pancakes are to die for!
Before we get to these light and fluffy vegan pancakes, I have to share some exciting things. Some awesome things happened this past year with my blog and the growth of it, including releasing my very first Ebook! I also had the honor of being in my first movie documentary, Eating You Alive. The response to that movie has been outstanding, so I really recommend you get the DVD (which was just released!) if you haven’t seen it yet. The experience was amazing. Also, Forks Over Knives just released their very FIRST magazine and a couple of my recipes and mini feature are in it! Look at the Pg. 48 feature spread “8 ingredients or less”, that is my blog tagline. That spread includes 2 of my recipes.
Ok, back to pancakes.
HOW DO YOU MAKE PANCAKES WITHOUT EGGS?
The key milk for these vegan fluffy pancakes is my usual go-to, canned “lite” coconut milk. Reason being, there is no oil or fruit puree in the pancakes, so the fat content in the coconut milk is needed for both the fluff factor and moisture. It is thicker than other milks like store-bought cashew, almond, soy, etc. They are not going to be as good with other milks. So, take my advice and use the canned coconut milk.
Another secret I use, is potato starch. It absolutely makes them so fluffy and cooked through and not gummy like so many vegan pancakes.
I’ve been making these for about a long time nearly every weekend. They are SO easy to make, vanilla-infused and are absolutely delicious, incredibly soft and fluffy! No weird ingredients, NO OIL and no eggs are needed. They are also just 7 ingredients and made in 1 bowl!
Oh! And I served these Oil-free Vegan Fluffy Pancakes over the holidays while my mother-n-law was here and she absolutely loved these! So, there you go, she is not vegan either! Enjoy!
Other Fluffy Vegan Pancakes to try:
- Vegan Cookies ‘N’ Cream Pancakes
- Fluffy Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- Life Changing Pancakes
- Gluten-free Corn Flour Pancakes
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte Pancakes
The Best Vegan Fluffy Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoons (30g) potato starch, patted down well
- 1 tablespoon (15g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups (300g) "lite" canned coconut milk, room temp and shaken well first (don't recommend other milks, see post above)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (50g) pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon (15g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon (7g) apple cider vinegar
- Optional add-ins: We eat these plain and love them but I also add chocolate chips sometimes for my daughter. For cinnamon, add 1 teaspoon.
- Always use a scale for accuracy when baking or measuring flours, following MY gram weights listed. You never need cups, just the scale and bowl.
- I use this scale.
- Make sure your liquids are at room temperature, as cold will make your pancakes less fluffy.
- To a large bowl, add the flour, potato starch, baking powder and salt and whisk very well.
- Pour in the milk, syrup, vanilla and vinegar. With a spoon, gently stir the ingredients in a folding motion from the bottom. You just want to mix just until all the flour is incorporated. Don't overmix or the pancakes will be more tough because of them being wheat.
- Very important for fluffy and cooked through pancakes, leave the batter to sit for 15 minutes. At the same time, turn on your pan to medium-low, closer to low. Your pan must heat up at the same time your batter sits. This will ensure your pancakes are all fluffy and cooked through well. You will notice how much your batter poofs up after the 15 minutes.
- Lightly spray the pan and pour a 1/3 cup of batter onto the pan, it should be fairly thick, but smooth. Just slightly smooth the top, but don't overspread out the batter, or your pancakes will be more thin. Cook the first side until the top is forming a dry look, the edges are looking dry and firm and some bubbles are on top. You can peak underneath to make sure they aren't browning too quickly. If they are, slightly reduce the heat. Flip over and cook another minute. Repeat.
Nutrition per pancake (based on 7): 171.5 calories, 2.8 g fat, 30.4 g carbs, 3.8 g protein, 3.8 g fiber, 5.6 g sugar, 351.4 mg sodium