Make this amazing oil-free Avocado Hummus for your next party or to spice up your burritos or tacos! This recipe comes together in just a few minutes, is vegan, oil-free and just 8 ingredients (+salt and water)!
If guacamole and hummus had a baby, this would be the result. I’m a huge hummus addict, in case you haven’t noticed by how many hummus recipes I have here on the blog. Plus, not so long ago I posted this Buffalo Hummus which basically just exploded with you all. I really had no idea it would be such a hit, but I have loved hearing and seeing all the remakes on social media!
Well, today’s hummus is not really a brand new recipe. See, I originally wrote another avocado hummus recipe back in 2012, about 4 1/2 years ago! Yes, that long ago. However, the photos on that recipe are downright dreadful. I had only been blogging 3-4 months when I posted the recipe and was using a really old camera and thank God I’ve come a long way from that post, LOL!!
HUMMUS MADE WITH WHITE BEANS
Anyways, I’ve since slightly revamped the recipe. It was delicious already, but when I was wanting to shoot new pics, I decided to make them with white beans instead of the original chickpeas. White beans are pretty much my go-to now in my hummus recipes and well, it’s sooo much creamier and tastier. There is just no comparison. I also like to bring back to life really old recipes from my other blog that many of you may not even know existed.
THE BEST INGREDIENTS FOR OIL-FREE AVOCADO HUMMUS
Even though it’s healthy and oil-free, this avocado hummus is totally loaded with flavor! You only need 8 ingredients (+salt and water)!
- white beans (Great Northern, Navy, Cannellini, etc.)
- lime juice
- chili powder
Be sure to leave feedback below in the comments after you make it! Here is another video to get you in the mood to make some Avocado Hummus!
- One 15 oz can of white beans (drained and rinsed (Great Northern, cannellini, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin (use less if you aren't a big fan)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 jalapeno slices (9g) from a jar, add more to taste
- 3 tablespoons (45g) fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon (15g) hot water
- 2 tablespoons (40g) runny/drippy roasted tahini
- 1 1/2 cups (240g) sliced avocado (1 1/2 large avocado)
- Optional: A few handfuls of fresh spinach for a brighter green as this hummus is beige naturally. The spinach leaves no taste whatsoever, just gives a nice green like in the photos.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and process for several minutes, scraping the sides during a couple of times. Process until completely smooth. The longer you run it, the smoother it will be.
- Taste and add any extra salt or jalapenos if desired. This hummus is a beige/very light touch of green, so add the optional spinach if you desire a bolder green as in the photos. This is not for taste, but for presentation only. Garnish with extra jalapeno slices and fresh limes for serving. This hummus is delicious with chips, on toast or in tacos/burritos.
Comment and Rate This Recipe