Only 7 ingredients for this delicious healthy oil-free granola that is vegan, gluten-free and so buttery, it’s hard to believe there is no oil and no butter! Much healthier and made with almond butter, peanut butter and almond flour for the most delicious and buttery granola you’ve ever had! This granola is vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free!
HEALTHY OIL FREE GRANOLA
A healthy oil-free vegan granola recipe that tastes extremely buttery and rich, yet has no oil and no butter. This oil-free granola is gluten-free and made with whole foods! Super nutritious, healthy and plant-based. Did I mention it’s crazy easy and quick to make, too?
I’m no stranger to lots of how to make healthy granola recipes without oil. This 5 Ingredient Cinnamon Granola and this Chocolate Granola are my 2 favorites!
The combo of peanut butter, almond butter and almond flour create the richest flavor buttery mouthfeel. You will NOT miss the oil!
(Only 7 main ingredients needed. Full details and measurements on the recipe card below.)
- Blanched almond flour: Almond meal would also work.
- Old-fashioned rolled oats: Use gluten-free if needed.
- Roasted creamy almond butter: A drippy, smooth almond butter is needed here. My homemade almond butter is amazing, but Trader Joe’s also has a great one. You don’t want a stiff, thick nut butter.
- Peanut butter
- Pure maple syrup: Keeps this granola refined sugar-free, unlike store-bought versions that often have so much sugar added to them.
HOW TO MAKE GRANOLA WITHOUT OIL
Step 1: To a large bowl, combine the oats, almond flour and chopped pecans.
Step 2: In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and whisk well.
Step 3: Pour the wet over the dry and stir until it comes together into a thick, sticky consistency.
Step 4: Spread the mixture onto a pan lined with parchment paper into an even layer.
Step 5: Bake at 325°F for 15 minutes, stir around well and bake another 10 minutes until golden brown.
WHAT TO SERVE THIS GRANOLA WITH
I love to just pack this as an on-the-go snack when I run errands. But it is also delicious as cereal served with homemade almond milk. You could even top it on some vanilla ice cream.
If you are gluten intolerant, make sure to buy certified gluten-free oats. I buy Bob’s Red Mill.
MORE OIL FREE VEGAN GRANOLA RECIPES
- 5 Ingredient Cinnamon Granola
- Chocolate Cinnamon Granola
- Apple Pie Granola
- Oil-free Chocolate Molasses Granola
- Buckwheat Granola
Healthy Oil-free Granola (So buttery!)
- 2 cups (200g) old fashioned oats (I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free)
- 1 cup (112g) blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup chopped pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon (180g) pure maple syrup
- 4 heaping tablespoons (64g) creamy drippy roasted almond butter
- 2 tablespoons (32g) peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- I use this scale.
- Preheat an oven to 325°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the middle oven rack to the lower rack position.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almond flour and chopped pecans and stir well.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the syrup, almond butter, peanut butter, vanilla and salt and whisk until smooth. Pour over the dry ingredients.
- Stir until very thick and sticky and evenly coated. This will take a minute or two.
- Add the mixture to the lined pan and spread out into an even layer with the back of the spoon, it should be about 3/4 inch high.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir the granola all around from the bottom, so it can cook evenly. Place back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes until very golden.
- Let the granola cool 15 minutes or so. It will harden as it cools. Once completely cooled, break it into chunks. Store in a ziplock bag or plastic container in the fridge, to retain its crispness.
- ROASTED ALMOND BUTTER: A drippy, smooth almond butter is needed here. My homemade almond butter is amazing, but Trader Joe's also has a great one. You don't want a stiff, thick nut butter.
The Vegan 8 is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclosure policy here.
Comment and Rate This Recipe