A delicious oil-free granola made with almond butter, peanut butter and almond flour for the most delicious and buttery granola you’ve ever had! All without any added oil, dairy or refined sugar. This Butter-licious Granola is vegan, gluten-free and just 8 ingredients!
Butter-licious granola. This granola is all about butters…peanut butter and almond butter. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but store bought granola runs at least $6 a bag for a decent blend…and even those contain added sugars and oils usually. Well, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a peanut and almond butter granola, so here you go! I also used almond flour and sliced almonds to really enhance the almond flavor and texture. Using just a few basic ingredients and whole foods, it’s easy and delicious.
Most granolas contain oil or butter right? So, how did I obtain a buttery flavor/texture you ask? Well, instead of using all oats as the base, I use a cup of almond flour in place of some of the oats. It gives them moisture, a buttery taste and incredible chewiness. They end up baking crispy and chewy at the same time….similar to a peanut butter cookie! Pretty amazing! This recipe is a variation of my Chocolate Cinnamon Granola.
If you are gluten intolerant, make sure to buy certified gluten-free oats. I buy Bob’s Red Mill.
You are going to love this Butter-licious granola made from creamy almond butter and peanut butter!
Oil-free Vegan Granola (So buttery!)
- 2 cups (200g) old fashioned oats (I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free)
- 1 cup (112g) blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped pecan pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (200g) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (64g) creamy peanut butter
- 3 heaping tablespoons (48g) almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- I use this scale.
- Preheat an oven to 325°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the middle oven rack to the lower rack position.
- In two separate bowls, combine the dry and then the wet ingredients. Now pour the wet into the dry and stir until evenly coated. Use a rubber spatula to help combine the ingredients. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread the granola out evenly and press down with the back of the spoon to make the granola stick together in clumps. It should be about a 1/2 inch high for nice size chunks. .
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir the granola all around from the bottom, so it can cook evenly. Place back in the oven and bake for 10-15 more minutes until very golden brown.
- Let the granola cool 15 minutes or so. It will harden as it cools. Once completely cooled, break it into chunks. Store in a ziplock bag or plastic container in the fridge, to retain its crispness.