Liven up boring toast with this incredible Oil-free Cinnamon Vanilla Walnut Butter high in the essential omega-3 fatty acids! Rich in vanilla and cinnamon, the flavor is incredible!
Oh boy, I’m in trouble now. You see this gorgeous rich, dark brown Cinnamon Vanilla Walnut Butter? It’s my newest addiction. I’ve been doing some reading about the amazing benefits of walnuts. They are extremely high in antioxidants, omega-3 fats and can help lower bad cholesterol levels. Being oil-free, I still want to get fats, but the healthy ones.
So, I set out to make a walnut spread, but not just a plain walnut spread. A walnut, cinnamon, maple and vanilla-infused nut butter. Oh yeah, I added a few pecans too for creaminess. All of these ingredients create the richest, thickest paste you want to dress your toast with. It is not like other nut butters, it is a bit thicker….yet it spreads beautifully on toast.
Cinnamon Vanilla Walnut Butter
- 2 heaping cups 240g raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup 60g raw pecans
- 4 tablespoons grade B maple syrup room temperature
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3-4 vanilla beans cut with seeds scraped out
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat an oven to 300°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Spread out the walnuts and pecans and roast for 10 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the nuts and syrup to a food processor and pulse until puréed, smooth and no longer crumbly, scraping the sides as necessary. This may take a few minutes depending on your processor. Slice the vanilla beans down the middle and scrape all the seeds out with a spoon. Be sure to get them all out.
- Add the cinnamon, salt and vanilla seeds to the food processor. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides as necessary. It should reach a thick, paste-like consistency, as in the photos.