Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Sauce made with nuts, garlic and spices. Easy and fast to make, oil-free and only 8 ingredients!
VEGAN ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
This roasted red pepper sauce pasta is so full of flavor, totally oil-free and is made with gluten-free pasta. Roasting the bell peppers give them the most amazing flavor, not to mention, gorgeous color to this delicious plant-based dinner.
The lemon juice rounds out the depth of flavor and fresh basil brings it all together. It can be made with either pine nuts or cashews. If allergic to nuts, raw sunflower seeds should work great too.
(Only 8 main ingredients needed. Full details and measurements on the recipe card below.)
- Red bell peppers
- Lemon juice
- Fresh garlic
- Chili powder
- Pine nuts or cashews, or sunflower seeds for nut-free
- Nutritional yeast
- Fresh basil
- Pasta of choice
The pine nuts give this vegan roasted red pepper pasta sauce a slightly sweet flavor and are buttery. I absolutely love them and have more recipes coming up with them!
I absolutely love that you can make dairy-free sauces that taste just as delicious and the butter and cream-filled ones. This vegan creamy red pepper sauce with fresh basil is no exception. It is also oil-free and just 8 ingredients, what a huge bonus!
MORE VEGAN PASTA DISHES
- Best Vegan Garlic Alfredo
- 1 Pot Vegan Cajun Pasta
- Vegan Walnut Basil Pasta
- 20 Minute Vegan Alfredo
- Vegan Pimento Cream Sauce
- Creamy Chili Sauce with Pasta
- Easy Vegan Meatballs and Spaghetti
- Vegan Lemon Florentine Pasta
Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup pine nuts OR cashews
- 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 2 tsp chili powder
- Fresh basil 1/4 cup, chopped
- 12 oz gluten-free brown rice spiral pasta, or pasta of choice
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the whole bell peppers on the pan and roast for 20-25 minutes until well browned.
- Carefully slice the bell peppers and remove the stem and seeds and add to a blender.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients (except the basil) and blend until smooth. Taste and add any additional salt or spices, if desired.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil and pine nuts. Serve over spiral pasta. I much prefer the spiral pasta over spaghetti noodles for this sauce because it gets in between the grooves and has a better texture.