Crispy Sweet Potato Fries that are oil-free and are so delicious served with a Spicy Cream Sauce! This is the perfect snack that is full of flavor but also healthy for you!
Simple, crispy, sweet and delicious. These crispy sweet potato fries contain no oil and they don’t need it. This isn’t a fancy recipe. It is just something that I make ALL the time and have lots of people ask me how to make sweet potato fries. Who knew so many people wanted to know….well I understand because they are a bit harder to crisp up than traditional white potato fries.
Well, this is my way of doing them and they turn out delicious every time. I use no oil and yes, it still works and I save calories!
Crisped to perfection and totally oil-free! Be sure to try my Oil-free Smoky Chipotle Chickpeas as well!
Oil-free Sweet Potato Fries With Spicy Cream Sauce
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into fry shapes 1/4-1/2 inch thick
SPICY CREAM SAUCE
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut cream (Either buy the cans labeled coconut cream or scoop just the firm cream out of the can of FULL-FAT cocnout milk, Thai Kitchen brand is best.)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (no added salt)
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, as much as you like
- Preheat the oven to 415°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper, so they won't stick.
- Make sure you have cut your fries into the right thickness. This is the key to crispy fries. If they are too thick, they don't crisp up well. Spread out evenly onto the pan. Season generously with salt and pepper. I do not use oil, but if you prefer, you can lightly spray the fries with nonstick spray before seasoning them.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until they are fork tender, then turn the broil on low for about 5-7 minutes, or until they are very golden brown and crispy. Watch closely so they don't burn. This can vary depending on how strong your broil setting is.
- Just like regular fries, these stay crispy and are best when eaten right away as they will get soft after a few hours. However, you can reheat them in the oven to make them crispy again.
- To make the sauce, add all the ingredients to a cup and whisk well until smooth. A friend of mine also mixed all of the ingredients with an avocado and that is delicious too! This also works great for tacos and burritos or salad dressing.