The most delicious homemade healthy Cherry Lime Slushie! Made with all whole foods!
I used to love those Cherry Lime Slushies from Sonic, but wanted to create a much healthier version. This one is made with healthy ingredients, but incredibly delicious.
Dark cherries and fresh limes go so wonderfully together. This is almost like a dessert, but so much healthier.
This Cherry Lime Slushie is perfect for either breakfast, after a workout or a dessert! It’s so healthy and made with all whole foods. No refined sugar!
Cherry Lime Slushie
- 1 1/2 cups frozen dark cherries
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice plus zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons raw cashew butter
- 2-3 Medjool dates (pits removed) or preferred sweetener
- 1 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup crushed ice
- It's important to use frozen cherries, so it is cold and slush-like. If you add too much ice, the flavor will be diluted. The frozen cherries blend very easily. You may need to let the frozen cherries sit in the blender a few minutes to thaw some first, so they blend up. Add everything to your blender and pulse until thick, creamy and like a slushie!