This is the perfect Easy Vegan Summer Corn Soup made with just 8 easy ingredients and ready in 30 minutes! It is so light, yet really filling and has incredible smoky and pepper flavors! The sweetness from the corn and spicy kick balance each other beautifully!
EASY VEGAN SUMMER CORN SOUP
This soup is so incredibly delicious, super light, filling, sweet and perfect for when you want a really simple meal that is minimal prep and time. It is just perfect for the summer. I LOVE corn and was craving corn so bad lately, so I literally just whipped this up on a whim and it more than satisfied my corn craving.
One thing that really sets this vegan summer corn soup apart from other corn soups, is the emphasis on smoky and black pepper flavors! It really makes this soup addicting. There is 3/4 teaspoon of black pepper, which may sound like a lot, but trust me, it is perfect. You taste the pepper, but it is not overpowering, as there is a lot of broth in it. It’s delicious!
(full details and amounts on recipe card below)
- Frozen sweet corn
- Low-sodium veggie broth
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow or white onion
- Canned light coconut milk or a homemade cashew milk
- Smoked paprika
- Chili powder
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN SUMMER CORN SOUP
Step 1: Cook the veggies until tender.
Step 2: Add the corn, broth and milk and cook 10-20 minutes until tender and thickened.
Step 3: Garnish with fresh green onions.
MORE VEGAN SOUP RECIPES
- Classic Vegan Noodle Soup
- Lazy Red Lentil Curry Soup
- Low-fat Smoky Broccoli Potato Soup
- Vegan Cauliflower Curry Soup
- Hearty Veggie Potato Stew
- Lazy Day Vegan Tomato Bisque
- Smoky Sweet Potato Black-eyed Pea Soup
*This post contains affiliate links. See my full disclosure policy here.
Easy Vegan Corn Summer Soup
This Easy Vegan Summer Corn Soup is just 8 ingredients, ready in 30 minutes and so healthy! So much smoky flavor and sweetness from the corn. This is dairy-free and oil-free and made with light coconut milk for richness, without butter or oil!
- 1/2 cup (75g) finely chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 cup (150g) diced red bell pepper
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 1/4 cups low-sodium veggie broth, separated
- 4 cups frozen super sweet corn
- 1 cup canned "lite" coconut milk, shaken first OR homemade cashew milk (see note)
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Optional: fresh green onion
- A creamy milk is important here for both flavor and texture. Light milks like almond or rice do not taste good in this. If you avoid coconut, homemade cashew milk is the next best option. Store-bought tastes very different than homemade and will not taste good or get creamy in the soup. To make homemade, add 1/4 cup raw cashews to 3/4 cup water and blend until completely smooth in a Vitamix. Soak the cashews first if you don't have one.
Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic to a pot with ONLY 1/4 cup of the broth over medium heat. Once simmering, cook about 8 minutes until everything is tender and all the broth is about gone.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Turn to high heat and once it is at a rolling boil, put the lid on and turn down to simmer. Simmer for 10-20 minutes until it thickens some or to desired level. Taste and adjust salt/pepper if necessary, mine was perfect.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and extra black pepper if desired. I love fresh green onions on this soup, but it is optional. Enjoy and leave me feedback below and rate the recipe!