This soup is so incredibly delicious, light, filling, sweet and perfect for when you want a really simple meal that is minimal prep and time. I LOVE corn and was craving corn so bad lately, so I literally just whipped this up on a whim and it more than satisfied my corn craving.
I also added some smoked paprika and chili powder for an extra dose of warmth and smoky flavor. There is 3/4 teaspoon of black pepper, which may sound like a lot, but trust me, it is perfect. You taste the pepper, but it is not overpowering, as there is a lot of broth in it. It’s delicious!
I’m not even kidding when I say how fast and easy this is…that’s how I roll y’all.
I hope you all love this Easy Smoky Black Pepper Corn Soup! It is super healthy, oil-free, vegan, dairy-free and easy peasy. Be sure to leave me feedback below and rate this after you make it. I love hearing your feedbacks! Have a great weekend 🙂
Easy Smoky Black Pepper Corn Soup
- 1/2 cup 75 g finely chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper chopped 150 g
- 3 large cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup broth you will be adding 2 more cups later on, as noted
- 4 cups frozen super sweet corn I use frozen because it's faster
- 2 cups low-sodium veggie broth do not use one with a tomato base
- 1 cup canned "lite" coconut milk shaken first or cashew milk
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Optional: fresh green onion
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic to a pot with the 1/4 cup broth over medium heat. Let it cook about 8 minutes until everything is tender and all the broth is about gone.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Turn to high heat and once it is at a rolling boil, put the lid on and turn down to simmer. Simmer for 10-20 minutes until it thickens some or to desired level. Taste and adjust salt/pepper if necessary, mine was perfect.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and extra black pepper if desired. I love fresh green onions on this soup, but it is optional. Enjoy and leave me feedback below and rate the recipe!
If you make this recipe, please do not repost it in full on your site, please link to me instead giving proper credit. I work very hard to create my recipes and share them for free, so please be respectful and link properly. If you are inspired by this recipe, again, please give proper credit and do not simply post it on your site and ask before reprinting any of my recipes.