This is the perfect Easy Vegan Pasta Bake for quick dinner and only a few ingredients. It’s high protein, contains healthy fat and high fiber and is also gluten-free. A healthy plant-based meal that’s super easy to make, creamy and delicious. Comes together in 30 minutes.
EASY VEGAN PASTA BAKE
I love a delicious baked pasta. It’s total comfort food. I threw this meal together in no time and my daughter absolutely loved it. We have a very busy schedule during the week, so quick easy meals are a must. But I also want them to be healthy.
This dinner is high protein, high fiber, has healthy fats and is super filling and comforting.
I used a high protein gluten-free lentil pasta. I love this pasta because of the high protein content. It also tastes delicious. If you are not a fan of gluten-free pasta, feel free to use regular wheat pasta.
- Lentil pasta: I used red fusilli but any kind will work.
- My homemade pizza sauce: You can use a store-bought pizza sauce or marinara if you like, but I prefer homemade because the sodium content is way better.
- Fresh spinach
- Tahini: Adding tahini to the red sauce really improves the flavor and makes it rich and creamy, as well as adds some healthy fat.
- Nutritional yeast
- Vegan mozzarella cheese: I used daiya mozzarella shredded cheese. I use it sometime for time and convenience. It’s helpful for my crazy busy schedule. But I understand some will not want to use it. Feel free to use my homemade mozzarella instead.
- Fresh basil
HOW TO MAKE EASY VEGAN PASTA BAKE
First, prepare the red sauce by making my pizza sauce and then mixing in the tahini and nutritional yeast.
Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
Assemble all of the ingredients and add to an 8×8 baking dish.
Top with vegan mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
Garnish with fresh chiffonade basil.
MORE VEGAN PASTA RECIPES
- Easy Vegan 20 Minute Alfredo
- Vegan Lemon Florentine Pasta
- Chili Pasta
- Walnut Basil Pasta
- Sun-dried Tomato Pasta
- Best Vegan Garlic Alfredo
Easy Vegan Pasta Bake
- 8 ounces gluten-free lentil pasta (use regular if preferred)
- 2 cups (480g) my homemade pizza sauce (which is one batch)
- 1/4 cup (64g) tahini
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 large handfuls fresh spinach
- fresh chiffonade basil
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella cheese (I used Daiya shredded store-bought for time and ease, but you can use my homemade if you don't want to use store-bought)
- I use this scale.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and make sure to salt the water well.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the red sauce. After you make my pizza sauce, add the tahini and nutritional yeast. Whisk well. This really amps up the flavor and makes it creamy and rich. A serious step-up from a plain marinara/pizza sauce.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to a large bowl.
- Add the spinach and red sauce to the pasta and mix well.
- Add only 1/2 cup of the cheese and mix throughout.
- Pour the pasta mixture into an 8x8 baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Top with the other 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes until hot and the cheese is melted. Top with fresh basil.
The Vegan 8 is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclosure policy here.