Each time I post an awesome new vegan ice cream recipe, there is always somebody who says they don’t have an ice cream maker or wishes they had one. Well, today is your lucky day. 6 ingredients. Vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free ice cream. Amazingly, chocolatey and fudgy and no ice cream maker needed. Perfect straight out of the freezer, no thawing needed.
These are just like those rich chocolate fudgesicles we grew up on, but in little mini ice cream cups…and better, because they are dairy-free and no yucky ingredients. All you need is baking cups and you will be eating these like nobody’s business. These are SO good. I actually love these so much, because I don’t need a bowl or spoon, I just grab one straight out of the freezer when I want a treat.
The inspiration for these came, kind of, from this Chocolate Tahini Ice Cream. These ice cream cups are a totally different recipe, only using 2 key flavors of raw cacao and tahini, but the ice cream base is totally different. Don’t worry, the ice cream doesn’t taste like tahini at all, it simply makes the chocolate more prominent and really creamy! I personally think tahini should be renamed “magic”, because that is what it does to every recipe I add it to.
The main inspiration was to create an ultra creamy ice cream dessert that did NOT require an ice cream maker or popsicle mold and be a handheld dessert. I wanted to incorporate this new product, Sprouted Sesame Tahini by Dastony, sold from by Rawguru. It is so incredibly smooth and silky, and is also the tahini I used to make my 5 Minute Cheez Whiz.
Just simply mix the ingredients in your food processor and pour into foil/paper liners. Try not to eat it all before putting them into the freezer. Garnish with chopped chocolate or cocoa nibs, if desired. Like, so…..
Place the tray in the freezer for 2-4 hours and dig in! These are awesome because they don’t require any thawing, they are perfect straight out of the freezer.
Don’t worry, the coconut milk leaves NO coconut taste whatsoever, it only is there to help with the amazing, creamy texture. The hubs had no idea it was even in there, and he hates coconut. 😉
Leave me feedback below and let me know what you think of these 6 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Cups!
Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Cups
- 1 1/2 cups coconut cream (ONLY using the cream not the water part of the full-fat coconut milk. You'll need 2 cans to get 1 1/2 cups out of them)
- 2 tablespoons (28g) smooth/runny tahini (or cashew butter)
- 6 tablespoons (120g) pure maple syrup or agave
- 2 teaspoons (10g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (48g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons (24g) coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Note: I highly recommend Thai Kitchen brand as it seems to have the best quality, thickest and creamiest coconut cream. Other brands tend to be watery. You can find it in the Asian section. You will need to place the cans in the fridge overnight at least, 2 days is even better, so you can scoop out only the hardened cream at the top of the can.
- Scoop out the thickened/hardened cream from the cans to measure out 1 1/2 cups (360g), do NOT use the water. Discard or use in a smoothie. Add the remaining ingredients to the coconut cream to the food processor and process until completely smooth, scraping the sides a couple of times during.
- Pour the ice cream base into 9 foil liners and garnish with chopped chocolate or cocoa nibs, if desired. Place in the freezer until solid, at least a couple of hours. These can be eaten straight out of the freezer and have the perfect, firm texture. No need to wait to thaw them!
Nutrition per ice cream cup: 149 calories, 8.6 g fat, 2.2 g protein, 17.4 carbs
Make ’em, eat ’em and leave me feedback here and tell me how many you ate in the first hour. While you are at it, take a snapshot of it and tag me on Instagram so I can see your creation!