These Grain-Free Chocolate Coconut Cookies are vegan, 1 bowl, 8 ingredients and everything you want in a cookie. Crispy edges, fudgy and chewy center and the very definition of decadence! Truly hard to believe they are grain-free, vegan, gluten-free, oil-free and ready in 20 minutes!
*This post contains affiliate links. See my full disclosure policy here.
GRAIN-FREE VEGAN CHOCOLATE COCONUT COOKIES
Guess who, the Cookie Monster is back. I’m back with grain-free, vegan, gluten-free double chocolate coconut cookies.
When you create a cookie recipe that turns out so delicious that you wish you had saved it for your cookbook. That is what happened with these babies right here. I literally winged this recipe a couple of days ago and couldn’t believe I nailed them at the first go! I have been wanting to do a chocolate coconut cookie for a long time and with chocolate chunks and half a bag of coconut calling for me from the pantry, I simply had to answer.
These have the perfect amount of chocolate and perfect amount of sweetness and the right amount of coconut. Too much coconut would be overpowering, but there’s just enough to give the flavor and a wonderful chew to the cookies. My daughter even loved these and she doesn’t care for coconut, so please give them a try if you are on the fence about coconut. Because these prove coconut can be delicious and will sway over those coconut-haters, haha!
Can we talk about cookie texture here? Crispy edges with chewy, fudgy moist centers guys. I don’t really think anything else needs to be said here.
Why grain-free? Well, I’m not grain-free or gluten-free for that matter but I love, love to bake and love to constantly create desserts for all kinds of diets you all follow and many are grain-free and since I’ve been baking with almond flour for years, these were the perfect cookie for my grain-free folks.
HOW TO MAKE GRAIN-FREE VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
For these grain-free vegan chocolate coconut cookies, you will need 8 ingredients (+salt):
- almond flour (this is what makes these grain-free and makes them moist, another flour will not work, unless it was like hazelnut flour)
- shredded coconut (this makes all the other cookies out there jealous because coconut gives such fabulous chew)
- cornstarch (or tapioca if allergic to corn)
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- baking soda
- pure maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- chocolate chunks
Other Grain-free Vegan Cookies and Cakes:
I’ve been doing the grain-free thing before I even knew it was a thing, lol.
- Perfect Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Cinnamon Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Cake
- Vanilla Cake
- Cranberry Cake
Dying, just dying to hear what you think of these cookies. I had one of my readers test these and she said “Wow, these are insane!”
Hopefully this last photo did you in and you are already in the kitchen prepping these grain-free vegan chocolate cookies…
If you make and love these, please leave me a review below and star rate the recipe!
Other Amazing Vegan Cookie Recipes:
- Best Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Snickerdoodles
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Thin Mint Cookies
- Grain-free Chai Coconut Cookies
- Old-fashioned Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Grain-Free Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- 1 cup (112g) superfine blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup (40g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup (24g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons (16g) cornstarch (tapioca should work too)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons (120g) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120g) chocolate chunks
- The scale I use.
- Always use a scale for baking and follow MY weights, this ensures accurate results since we all measure differently with cups. And it is MUCH faster to measure this way since you just use 1 bowl to add to the scale and add all of the ingredients straight from the container, instead of having to get out a bunch of different measuring cups. SO fast and accurate.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F (177°C) and line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- (To a large bowl, add almond flour, coconut, cocoa powder, cornstarch, salt and baking soda and whisk well.
- Pour in the syrup, vanilla and chocolate chunks. Stir well until a very thick, almost stiff batter forms. It will be very sticky. You probably don't want to taste the batter. No, you don't. It will be hard to stop eating it.
- Use a cookie scoop or form round shapes with 2 tablespoons worth of dough. It will be a little sticky to roll into balls with your hands, but does OR just form the shapes on the pan pressing them down to 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick and smooth the edges into a round shape after dipping your fingertips in water. Place each cookie 2 inches apart. I did 6 at a time on the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. They should have spread nicely and puffed up. I found 10 minutes to be perfect in my oven with crispy edges and a chewy moist center. Your oven may vary, but I would warn to not overbake them too long or it can dry out the centers. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before moving to cooling rack. Makes 1 dozen. These will soften by the next day, but it's not like they will last that long anyways, who are we kidding.
Comment and Rate This Recipe