GRAIN FREE VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
ALMOND FLOUR CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
HOW DO YOU MAKE GRAIN-FREE VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES?
First, you need some grain-free ingredients, like almond flour and tapioca starch. You will just need 8 easy ingredients:
- blanched almond flour
- tapioca starch/flour
- raw cashew butter
- coconut sugar
- orange juice
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- vegan chocolate chips
MORE GRAIN-FREE VEGAN DESSERTS
- Grain-free Vegan Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- Grain-free Vegan Cranberry Bundt Cake
- 4 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Snickerdoodles
*This post contains affiliate links. See my full disclosure policy here.
Grain-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (112g) blanched almond flour
- 7 tablespoons (84g) coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons (16g) tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (38g) FRESHLY squeezed orange juice (do not use pre-made)
- 1 teaspoon (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (128g) raw cashew butter (see HERE how to make)
- 6 heaping tablespoons (90g) dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- I use this scale.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC)
- To a large bowl, add the almond flour, coconut sugar, starch, baking soda and salt and whisk very well and break up any lumps.
- To a small bowl, add the orange juice, vanilla and cashew butter and whisk until smooth.
- Add the cashew mixture to the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips. Stir everything together until it comes together into one sticky, very thick dough, pressing the mixture together with the back of the spoon. This will take a few minutes because it’s so thick and will seem too dry at first, but keep mixing and DON'T add liquid. I like to use my hands at this point to press the dough together and knead and rotate it many times until it is all moist and easily forms into a large ball.
- Use a cookie scooper 2 tablespoons worth of dough and place on the pan OR use a spoon to scoop up the dough and form into balls with your hands. Place all the cookie dough balls on the pan 2 inches apart (they will spread and puff up) from each other. Press each cookie down to 1/2 inch thick and piece the edges together into a round shape, if any cracks form. You may have to press any loose chocolate chips back into the balls.
- Bake for 10-11 just until the edges are starting to turn golden brown and they have puffed up nicely and spread a bit. Be careful about over-baking or the edges can burn.
- Cool on the pan 10 minutes before moving to cool another 10 minutes on a cooling rack. If you try to remove them early they will fall apart. They will firm up a ton as they cool and get the most amazing crispy edges and super chewy and fudgy center!! Keep these covered on a plate with foil, as opposed to a sealed plastic container, that way they will remain crispy a bit better.