Learn how to make a Homemade Golden Milk Spice Mix in just 5 minutes! Using 6 spices, plant-based milk and sweetener, you will have a delicious and healthy warm golden milk in just a few minutes!
I love, love golden milk. I drink it near daily using my Turmeric Latte recipe. That recipe is fantastic and is loved by readers, which uses fresh ginger and fresh turmeric and several spices. It is phenomenal, but since I want to drink it daily, it takes a bit more work and time than I want to fool with on some days.
So, I used that recipe to turn it into a homemade golden milk spice mix. This way, all you have to do is add the spice mix with milk and sweetener and have it ready to go daily in just 5 minutes! I’ve had one every day for the past week almost and it is SO delicious, comforting and feels so good. It has replaced my coffee as well, as I know it is much better for me.
You will need 6 spices. Turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and black pepper.
HOW TO MAKE GOLDEN MILK
Step 1: Simply add all of the spices to a bowl and whisk well. Or simply add to a jar and shake vigorously until well incorporated.
Step 2: To make this easy golden milk recipe, add 2 cups of plant-based milk (your favorite) to a small pot. I used a combo of cashew and lite coconut milk, so it is rich and not watery. Keep in mind, that the richness will vary if you change the milks.
Step 3: Add the maple syrup and 1 tablespoon of the golden milk spice mix. Turn to medium heat and whisk well. Let it form small bubbles just around the edges of the pot, do not let it boil! The milk will look brown in the beginning but after it thoroughly heats through, all that turmeric will turn it the beautiful golden color you see in the photos. This will take 3-4 minutes.
OTHER VEGAN DELICIOUS DRINKS
- Best Vegan Hot Chocolate
- Vegan White Hot Chocolate
- Homemade Masala Chai
- Sparkling Fruit Punch
- Homemade Vegan Chocolate Milk
Homemade Golden Milk Spice Mix
GOLDEN MILK SPICE MIX
- 3 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground ginger (2 Tbsp for spicier)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper (depending on how spicy you want it)
- 2 cups favorite plant-based milk (see NOTE)
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon golden milk spice mix
- I used a combo of cashew and lite coconut milk, so it is rich and not watery. Keep in mind, that the richness will vary if you change the milks. Watery milks will make the spices taste less rich.
- Add all of the spices to a jar and shake vigorously until well mixed.
- To make the golden milk, add 1 tablespoon of the spice mix to a small pot, with the 2 cups of milk and maple syrup. Whisk very well and turn the heat to medium.
- Let the milk come to just forming bubbles along the edges and whisk continuously for 3-4 minutes until well heated through. DO not let it boil! The milk will look brown in the beginning but after it thoroughly heats through, all that turmeric will turn it the beautiful golden color you see in the photos.
- Taste and add more sweetener if desired. Pour in mugs and serve immediately! It is normal for a bit of the spices to settle at the bottom, as it is a spice mix, but I just stir it a couple of times while drinking. The spice mix will keep for 6 months, although if you make it daily, you will use it much quicker.