Learn how to make the most delicious easy Homemade Italian Seasoning Recipe that is the best Italian seasoning blend. SO flavorful and can be used in any recipes calling for Italian seasoning. Soups, stews, loaves, veggie burgers, vegan meatballs, etc.
HOMEMADE ITALIAN SEASONING RECIPE
I have created a few different Italian seasoning recipes, both here on the blog and in my cookbook. But this one here is my absolute best! The flavor is incredible and brings alive anything you add to it. Just simply use it in any recipe calling for Italian seasoning.
Many blends in the stores add salt or red pepper flakes, which can ruin a lot of recipes. Also, sometimes people prefer to have their own mixes on hand, simply because they are fresher or taste better.
As many of you know by now, I make a lot of my own spice blends for that very reason. I keep them authentic enough to replace standard spice mixes so they will work for any recipe, but also improving the overall flavor with a little extra oomph.
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Dried marjoram
- Dried thyme
- Dried rosemary
- Dried ground sage
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE ITALIAN SEASONING
Add all of the dried herbs to a bowl and whisk very well or to a small jar with a lid and shake vigorously. I prefer the jar option, as you can really shake it good and get it well mixed.
RECIPES TO USE THIS SEASONING IN
- Hearty Italian White Bean Basil Soup
- Vegan Oil-Free Creamy Italian Dressing
- Vegan Vegetable Soup with Rice
- Easy Vegan Meatballs
- 20 Minute Vegan Alfredo
MORE HOMEMADE SPICE SEASONING RECIPES
- Homemade Chili Powder Recipe
- Golden Mix Spice Mix
- Gingerbread Spice Mix
- Curry Powder
- Cajun Spice Seasoning (also located in the Staples chapter of my cookbook)
- Chai Spice Blend (in my cookbook and also a version here)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (There is also one featured in my cookbook, but my more current favorite is this one)
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave feedback below and share your pic on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @thevegan8 #thevegan8!
Homemade Italian Seasoning Recipe
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried ground sage powder
- Add all of the dried herbs to a bowl and whisk very well or to a small jar with a lid and shake vigorously. I prefer the jar option, as you can really shake it good and get it well mixed. This blend is best kept stored in a dry, dark place for 6 months.
Comment and Rate This Recipe