Learn how to make your very own easy and the best ever Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice in just a few minutes! This really is the most flavorful and best pumpkin pie spice blend I’ve ever tasted. This is the best ratio of spices to really enrich all of your baked pumpkin goods!
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
I love creating my own homemade spice blends, like this Gingerbread Spice Mix and this Curry Spice Powder. After posting this Best Vegan Pumpkin Bread and Vegan Pumpkin Cake, which shares my homemade pumpkin pie spice blend, I decided it needed its own post so it’s easy to find for all of you. So many commented that it is the best tasting pumpkin pie spice blend they’ve had, so I loved hearing that!
One of my secrets to my homemade spice blend is that it doesn’t taste flat like some store-bought variety is the extra oomph of cloves and black pepper. I shared my original pumpkin pie spice blend in my cookbook last year. While that one is absolutely delicious, this version just has a bit more jazz which I wanted when creating my Pumpkin Bread recipe.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE AT HOME
- ground ginger
- ground nutmeg
- ground cloves
- ground allspice
- black pepper (this is my secret I used in both the pumpkin bread and cake and NO, it doesn’t make it spicy at all!)
HOW DO YOU MAKE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE?
You will simply combine the cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, cloves and black pepper into a jar and shake or whisk well! Replace it for any recipe calling for pumpkin pie spice. Just make sure to only use the amount called for in the recipe. I believe cloves is a very important part to a best pumpkin spice flavor, but if you are not a big fan of cloves, just reduce the amount in half. This recipe makes 6 tablespoons to use throughout the season! None of this only 1 or 2 uses only nonsense.
RECIPES TO USE THIS PUMPKIN PIE SPICE IN!
I have a ton of pumpkin recipes that you can replace the pumpkin pie spice for listed in the recipe. Just make sure to use the right amount called for.
- Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- Vegan Pumpkin Cake with Low Sugar Frosting
- Vegan Gluten-free Caramel Pumpkin Bread
- The Best Vegan Pumpkin Pie Ever (No, really, just read the reviews!)
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Vegan Pumpkin Cherry Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Sauce
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte Ice Cream
- Vegan Pumpkin Cream Cheese
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves (SEE NOTE)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- I believe the key to the best pumpkin pie spice flavor for baking is the extra oomph of cloves. However, if you are really not a fan of cloves, reduce the amount by half. Do not omit completely though.
- Combine the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and black pepper into a jar and shake or whisk well! Replace it for any recipe calling for pumpkin pie spice. Just make sure to only use the amount called for in the recipe. I believe cloves is a very important part to a best pumpkin spice flavor, but if you are not a big fan of cloves, just reduce the amount in half.
- I find this blend works best in baked goods. If using in a raw dessert or a beverage, reduce the cloves by half. This recipe makes 6 tablespoons to use throughout the season!