Learn How to Make Homemade Roasted Almond Butter with just 1 ingredient, almonds! It’s easy, creamy, delicious and oil-free and takes just a few minutes to make!
*This post contains affiliate links, see my disclosure policy here.
I’m a huge almond lover. In particularly, in the version of homemade roasted almond butter. I, especially love flavored almond butter. I use almond butter for a ton of my recipes here on this blog, especially in desserts. One of my favorite ways to eat almond butter is on toast for breakfast. Sprinkle some cinnamon, ginger and a drizzle of maple syrup and it’s soooo good. My daughter loves it.
WHY I LOVE ALMOND BUTTER
The reason I love almond butter is because it is a whole food. I much prefer to use whole food fats, like almond butter or cashew butter, for my desserts instead of oil. This way, you get the whole nutritional profile of the nut, whereas oil is just pure liquid fat. If you are interested in learning about oil-free, I wrote a very detailed post on How to Cook and Bake Without Oil.
Almond butter also has a wonderful hint of sweetness. So, it adds a very subtle hint of sweet to desserts, as well as being a great thickener. It works to thicken up this Vegan Homemade Chocolate Sauce beautifully.
I don’t just use it in desserts though. I really love to use it in dressings, like with this Oil-free Almond Butter Dressing over a kale salad. Additionally, it replaces any need for oil in these Vegan Oil-free Zucchini Fritters.
HOW DO YOU MAKE ROASTED ALMOND BUTTER
It is so very simple to make this homemade roasted almond butter.
First, you will need a food processor. Nut butters do not work as well to get super creamy and smooth as well in a Vitamix.
Preheat an oven to 300°F.
Next, add the almonds to a pan lined with parchment paper. Roast for 12-15 minutes until them start to smell really fragrant. Be careful to watch them so they don’t burn.
Process them in a food processor for about 5 minutes, scraping the sides as needed during the process. You will have to do this a few times in the beginning. It will seem like it is just going to stay a flour, but trust me, after a few minutes it will start to come together. Once it starts to turn into butter, let it go until it becomes super duper creamy. Don’t stop too soon or it won’t become silky smooth. Once it is easily dripping off of a spoon, then it is done. The roasted almonds give a wonderful sweetness. Yum.
WAYS TO USE ALMOND BUTTER
- One of my favorites, toast with cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- With fruit or apple slices
- Use on a sandwich, but instead of PB&J, use the almond butter
- To replace oil in baking for desserts
VEGAN DESSERTS THAT USE ALMOND BUTTER
I have dozens and dozens but here are a few of my favorites.
- Best Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 5 Ingredient Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cinnamon Applesauce Quick Bread
- Almond Butter Blossoms
- Vegan Zucchini Fudgy Brownies
- Grain-free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Blondies
MORE NUT BUTTERS TO MAKE
- Walnut Butter
- Pecan Butter
- Cashew Butter
- Hazelnut Butter
- Sunflower Seed Butter
- Cinnamon Ginger Almond Butter
- Coconut Butter
How to Make Homemade Roasted Almond Butter
- 2 cups (340g) raw whole almonds
For this recipe, you will need a food processor. This works much easier than a Vitamix, as there is much more room for the almonds to rotate and it's faster. I love and use this one!
- Preheat an oven to 300°F.
- Add the almonds to a pan lined with parchment paper. Roast for 12-15 minutes until them start to smell really fragrant. Be careful to watch them so they don't burn.
- Add the almonds to a food processor and process for about 5-10 minutes, scraping the sides as needed during the process. You will have to do this a few times in the beginning. It will seem like it is just going to stay a flour, but trust me, after a few minutes it will start to come together. Have patience. Once it starts to turn into butter, let it go until it becomes super duper creamy. Don't stop too soon or it won't become silky smooth. Don't stop when it's still overly thick and chunky. Once it is easily pouring off of a spoon, then it is done. The roasted almonds give a wonderful sweetness. Yum.
The Vegan 8 is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclosure policy here.