This smoothie is so packed full of vitamins, nutrients, antioxidants and healthy fats, it is guaranteed to boost your mood, energy and leave you feeling revived. Not to mention, it tastes incredible. Call me crazy, but all of the sweet fruits blended together reminded me of a jolly rancher, just of course a lot healthier! Super fruity and naturally sweet.
I shared this sneak peak on Instagram last week and promised to share it with you all. By the way, I sometimes give previews to new recipes on my Instagram, so you can follow me there @thevegan8! I love when you guys post feedback on my recipes on my blog and when you take pics of them on my Facebook page. You can also tag me on Instagram when you do as well.
Kiwis and honey crisp apple are magic in this smoothie. Kiwis and honey crisp apples are SO sweet and what make this taste so incredible. The honey crisp apple is like candy on it’s own, it’s so good. I swear I could just eat those all day long…..they are better than any other type of apple in my opinion.
Now, you may be wondering why in the world I added sesame seeds. Well, if you know me and my blog, you know I come up with some unusual ideas sometimes. Quite honestly, I originally chose to add them for their amazing nutrients, which is calcium and healthy fat. But they actually add an amazing flavor and contrast beautifully with the fruitiness.
Revive Me Kiwi Smoothie
- 1 large handful kale 57 g
- 2 kiwis sliced
- 1 large honey crisp apple sliced
- 1 frozen 10 oz bag strawberries thawed for 15 minutes (283 g which is about 2 cups)
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds 12 g
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds 7 g (optional)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups water as needed to blend up smoothie
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until very smooth. Garnish with sliced kiwi and sesame seeds, if desired. The sesame seeds give a depth of flavor that is a beautiful contrast to all the sweetness of the fruit.
- For an added protein boost, add a scoop of your favorite protein powder, if desired.
Love recipes with 8 ingredients or less? Then make sure to subscribe to my blog at the top right of this page and confirm the email sent to you. Also, make sure to connect here:
By the way, in case you missed it and are feeling something a little more indulgent, try my Energizing Almond Joy Milkshake. Totally to die for.
And my last post is perfect for a quick, easy treat, 5 ingredient Cherry Jam Chocolates featuring my 5 Minute Miracle Jam. SO GOOD.