We love lemons, strawberries and mint…so putting them all together to cool us off in this blazing heat just sounded perfect to me. Sometimes the simplest of recipes are the most satisfying. So simple and refreshing at the same time.
Infused with fresh lemon juice, fresh steeped mint and strawberries! I love lemon but if you are desiring a little less zing in your drink, then use less to taste.
Lemonberry Mint Smoothie
- 2 full cups frozen organic strawberries
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups cooled steeped mint water
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave
- To steep the mint, I buy one of the small packages of fresh mint from the grocery store. A small package usually contains about 10 sprigs of mint. Place all the mint into a small pot and pour very hot water over it to submerge the mint. Place a towel over the top and steep for 10 minutes or so. Once the mint water has cooled you can make your smoothie.
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth.