Low-Fat Vegan Pizza Hummus. Oil-free, nut-free, dairy-free hummus that tastes just like pizza and all you need is 8 ingredients!
LOW-FAT VEGAN PIZZA HUMMUS
I’m a hummus lover. I’m a pizza lover. This pizza hummus is the result of both.
When this idea hit me, I thought to myself, oh man this is going to be soooo flipping delicious! Turns out, I was right. One of the most flavorful, unique hummus recipes I’ve ever made or had. Apparently though, I’m not the only one to think of this idea. There is a few already online.
My recipe is entirely different though. I don’t use oil and I based this recipe off of my Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce while really playing up the hummus, pizza style…..yeah baby.
You guys…this oil-free vegan pizza hummus is so creamy dreamy that you will think you bought it from a restaurant. Yet, it’s sooo much healthier….low-fat and lots of good plant-based protein. Adding lots of tomato sauce and processing it for several minutes makes it exceptionally creamy. All without ANY oil. It doesn’t need it and you don’t need it.
I can’t wait to hear what you guys think of this Low-Fat Vegan Pizza Hummus! You could say I am quite the hummus fan.
OTHER OIL-FREE HUMMUS RECIPES TO TRY:
Low-Fat Vegan Pizza Hummus
This Low-fat Vegan Pizza Hummus is oil-free and is amazing with a spoon, on chips, on toast or any other way you can think of.
- 2 15 oz cans garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed well
- 1 1/4 cups tomato puree/sauce
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (32g) runny tahini
- Optional toppings: olives, fresh basil, red pepper flakes
- Drain and rinse the beans and add them to a food processor. Process until they are basically broken up and mashed. Add the tomato puree only and blend again until really smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until completely smooth. Scrape the sides and let it go for several minutes. I let mine go for at least 5 minutes or longer until it was creamy dreamy smooth. That's the key to getting that silky smooth texture. The longer you blend, the smoother it will get. Taste and adjust any spices if needed.
- Place in a serving bowl and add optional toppings. This makes a beautiful display if serving at a party. I added olives, fresh basil and red pepper flakes to mine for a beautiful presentation.
Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, low-fat, nut-free
Nutrition per serving: 264.6 calories, 6 g fat, 13 g protein, 41.6 carbs, 5.5 g sugars