These Vegan No-Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Bars are reminiscent in taste to Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies, but in crispy bar form. Made with only 7 ingredients, take just 10 minutes to make and are dairy-free and gluten-free!
One of the yummiest combos ever is chocolate and mint. It is so decadent, yet refreshing at the same time. I mean, Thin Mint Cookies are life and those cookies are incredibly popular with readers, but these bars are a totally different take on that cookie.
This recipe is actually a revamp on a super old recipe here on the blog, from 6 years ago! I just slightly changed the recipe, but it is so old, most readers don’t even know about it and it also needed some major new photos and to be brought back to life. So, here we are! Plus, the last 4 posts have been savory, so I think we all needed something sweet!
These are not for those wanting one of those superfood healthy type of granola bars. NOPE. These are rich, decadent, sweet, crunchy and the kind you make for your guests or friends who think eating vegan is crazy boring or bland. Desserts should taste like dessert. In other words, these are so rich, even half a bar is satisfying.
HOW TO MAKE NO-BAKE VEGAN CHOCOLATE MINT BARS
Add the melted almond butter, agave and cocoa powder and salt to a small pot and bring to a simmer. Cook 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in the mint and vanilla extracts. Pour this mixture over the rice cereal and chocolate chips.
Stir until it is well mixed and thick. It will start to firm up quickly, so move fast.
Add the mixture to the lined pan and spread out evenly.
Use a silicone spatula to help spread it out, as a spoon doesn’t work well. Then place a piece of parchment paper over it and press down firm and hard and smooth out the edges until the surface is flat.
Gently peel off the paper and place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
Slice into bars.
Enjoy the delicious, crispy, minty, chocolate heaven.
I’ve served these many times to friends and at parties and they are always a hit, especially for those who love mint and chocolate together!
OTHER VEGAN CHOCOLATE DESSERTS TO TRY:
- Best Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake
- No-Bake Mint Chocolate Tart for Two
- Gluten-free Double Chocolate Muffins (reader favorite!)
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Tart
- Vegan Homemade Chocolate Sauce
- Thin Mint Freezer Fudge
- Vegan Chocolate Espresso Truffle Frosting
- Vegan Thin Mints
- Best Vegan Hot Chocolate
No-Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Bars
- 2 cups (90g) brown rice crisp cereal
- 1/4 cup (60g)60g dairy-free mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)60g dairy-free mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand) dairy-free mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- 1/4 cup (64g) roasted creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup (160g) raw amber agave or maple syrup (I did 50/50)
- 3 tablespoons (18g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- Line a loaf pan (9X5) with parchment paper with it hanging over the sides for easy removal.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice cereal and chocolate chips.
- In a small pot, add the almond butter, agave, cocoa powder and salt and whisk very well until smooth. Turn the heat to medium and bring to a simmer. Once the edges begin to simmer, whisk constantly for just about a minute until it begins to thicken some. Don't overcook it. You are just wanting to heat the cocoa and thicken it slightly. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and mint extracts.
- Pour this mixture over the rice cereal and chocolate chips. Stir until it is well mixed and thick. It will start to firm up quickly, so move fast.
- Add the mixture to the lined pan and spread out evenly. Use a silicone spatula to help spread it out, as a spoon doesn't work well. Then place a piece of parchment paper over it and press down firm and hard and smooth out the edges until the surface is flat.
- Gently peel off the paper. If desired, sprinkle finely chopped mint leaves over the top for presentation. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- Slice into 6 bars or more if you want them thinner. These are very rich and I find half a bar to be very satisfying for a treat. Keep them stored in the fridge to retain their shape and that cooling mint chocolate flavor is delicious. You can wrap each bar individually if preferred.