Vegan Thin Mint Freezer Fudge inspired by the popular Girl Scout Cookies! So rich, chocolatey, dense and fudgy and made without any added oil or dairy. Made with just whole foods.
I am so excited about this post! First, this amazing Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie inspired vegan fudge. This stuff tastes just like the cookies, but in fudge form. Oh yeah baby!
Also, I have been working on soooo many things lately and among them, getting my first Youtube video up, is one of them! It is my very first one and it took some time getting it right and editing, so please take a moment to watch it and let me know what you think below! It is only about a minute long, not long at all. I have more videos, of all kinds, coming too! So, please subscribe, share and let me know what else you’d like to see.
These are sure to send anybody into absolute chocolate mint euphoria. After I tasted it, I literally jumped up and down in my kitchen and my daughter was laughing at me. It was my 3rd trial and boy, 3rd time IS the charm! I swear, totally pinky swear, these taste just like the flavors of a thin mint cookie.
I added in some sliced almond for added crunch and texture, but feel free to add in your favorite nut. Another batch I added in chopped pecans and loved those even more.
Layer chopped fresh mint for garnish. Optional, but it makes it pretty and tells people immediately what the flavor components are….which gets them all giddy and excited.
These take just 10 minutes to prep and then you will have to be patient while you let them chill and harden to perfect fudge consistency in the freezer, at least 4 hours. Ideally, overnight gets them nice and solid and perfect. Then you can take them out and eat them immediately….no need to wait for them to soften. Who has time for that anyways??
Thin Mint Freezer Fudge
- 1/4 cup low fat coconut milk I used canned
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter or cashew butter would work too I bet
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder 40 g (cocoa powder will work too, but raw gives the best flavor)
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons liquid melted coconut butter not oil! (it should be complete liquid)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts of choice I used sliced almonds and pecans in 2 batches
- Optional: chopped fresh mint for garnish
- Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before beginning, so that the coconut butter does not cease up when added to the other ingredients. Line a 9X5 loaf pan with parchment paper hanging over the sides.
- Add the coconut milk, almond butter, syrup and both extracts to a medium bowl and stir very well. Be very careful when measuring the mint extract, as too much can easily turn this from tasting minty, to tasting like toothpaste!
- Next stir in the cacao powder and salt really well.
- Melt the coconut butter to a complete liquid and then measure out 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons and add to the remaining ingredients. Mix really well. Add chopped nuts and stir well.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread out evenly. Garnish with fresh mint if desired.
- Freeze for 4-8 hours, preferably overnight to be completely solid. It will be perfect and fudgey immediately upon removal of the freezer, no need to wait for it to thaw! Slice into bars and keep stored in a ziplock bag or foil. They will soften quickly upon removal, so don't leave them out too long.
Annndddd now, here is my first Youtube video!! Please give me your honest feedback and go easy on me, it’s my first one! I already have other ideas for more. I just wanted this to be like an awesome, quick teaser video on Youtube for people to be enticed to want to go in there kitchen and make it! Short, quick and to the point.
SUBSCRIBE to my channel HERE for live cooking videos with me coming soon!!
By the way, I know the orange font sucks on certain parts on the video…it looked great while I was creating the movie, but faded drastically once it uploaded to Youtube. Don’t know why, but I will know better for next time. It was a ton of work, so I didn’t want to start all over.
Please subscribe to my channel and share it with others and leave me a comment while you’re at it! Thanks so much for your support!