All you need is 5 minutes of prep and 5 ingredients to make this delicious Oil-free Cinnamon Granola recipe. Making homemade granola is a much healthier, tastier option than store bought granolas and cereals. This granola is perfect for on-the-go snacking or eaten as cereal in a delicious bowl of almond milk.
5 INGREDIENT OIL-FREE CINNAMON GRANOLA
5 ingredients and 5 minutes prep is all you need to bake this absolutely, delicious homemade granola. No need for the 15 ingredient granola recipe today, I’m making this real easy for ya. Seriously, you can add 5 different nuts and some dried fruit if you wish, but it’s just not necessary for it to be delicious. It’s shocking how yummy this granola is with such few ingredients. Only negative, is it’s gone in minutes in my household.
You don’t need to spend a ridiculous amount for a small bag at the store for granola that contains too much sugar, too much oil and too many preservatives. I’ve never found one brand that didn’t have some oil or preservatives in it. Making it homemade ensures it is fresh, healthy and so much yummier!
It makes the perfect healthy cereal, when served with homemade almond milk! Seriously, cereal at the store tends to be full of sugar, oil or preservatives. This bowl is pure delicious, wholesome goodness and so fresh.
- Old-fashioned rolled oats
- Pecans or nuts or seeds of choice
- Roasted almond butter or sunbutter for nut-free
- Pure maple syrup
- Ground cinnamon
HOW DO YOU MAKE OIL-FREE GRANOLA?
Just mix the dry ingredients, add the wet and mix until a sticky batter forms.
Spread the granola out in an even layer onto a pan lined with parchment paper. Bake and let cool! So easy!
Oil-Free 5 Ingredient Cinnamon Granola
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats I use Bob's Red Mill gluten-free
- 1 cup chopped pecans or nuts/seeds of choice (pecans are best because they lend a very buttery flavor)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt optional, but slightly enhances flavor
- If you or your child can't tolerate nuts, than this recipe can easily be made nut-free & kid-friendly by using sunflower kernels instead of pecans and sunbutter instead of almond butter.
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place middle oven rack on the bottom rack.
Add oats, pecans, cinnamon and salt to a large bowl and stir well.
- Add almond butter and syrup to a cup or small bowl and stir well. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir until very well mixed and sticky.
Pour over the prepared pan and spread out evenly, about a 1/2 inch thick.
Bake for 15 minutes on the bottom rack. Remove the pan, stir the granola around so that the bottom can cook evenly. Place back in the oven and cook another 10-12 minutes until very golden brown.
Cool on the pan for 10 minutes and it will crisp up a lot. Store in a ziplock bag or plastic container. It will stay fresh for up to one week, if it even lasts that long!
*Gluten-free, oil-free, vegan, nut-free option
*Nutrition per 1/2 cup: 231 calories, 4.26 g protein, 13.32 g fat, 26.8 carbs