Vegan Pecan Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. The most amazing rich and buttery cookies but with NO butter or added oil. You have to taste them to truly believe it! Pecan butter does some serious magic.
These pecan butter chocolate chip cookies will shock and amaze you. While they may be without any butter, are oil-free and refined sugar-free, they taste 1000% better than any cookie I’ve had with those ingredients. I also love that they are thick, fat and chunky…..just the way I like my vegan chocolate chip cookies to be. They are like no other cookie out there, they are serious crowd-pleasers.
WHAT MAKES THESE COOKIES SO MAGICAL?
The secret to these cookies is the pecan butter and cornstarch. The flavor rivals a typical buttery cookie that is achieved from roasted pecans. The touch of cornstarch gives them a phenomenal tender bite and crispy edges.
These chocolate chip cookies were inspired by my Roasted Pecan Butter recipe I posted yesterday. They are so “buttery” I had to pinch myself. It really is hard to believe how these are so rich, so moist and so full of flavor….without a drop of butter.
This ingredient is the absolute star and simply cannot be replaced!
You only need 8 ingredients (+salt) to make these amazing Pecan Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!
YOU WILL LOVE THESE PECAN BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
I have no doubt you will absolutely love these Vegan Pecan Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. These are an unconventional way to make classic chocolate chip cookies, but are in fact BETTER. Try them yourself and see! Please, leave feedback below after you make them! Or tag me on Instagram #thevegan8!
MORE VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Crispy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Grain-free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies….rated BEST gluten-free chocolate chip cookies by readers!
- Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cinnamon Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Molasses Cookies
- Cashew Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Vegan Pecan Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (256g) roasted pecan butter (see NOTE)
- 1/2 cup (64g) whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (120g) pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips plus extra to stick on the top if desired
- I use this scale.
NOTE: Click on the pecan butter link in the post to see how to make this. Pecan butter is creamier and oilier than other nut butters, so it makes a BIG difference in these. Do not use store-bought, unless you find one without added oils
- Tip: The key to getting these as chunky and thick is to follow the exact steps. You must chill the dough first and also only divide the dough into no more than 14 cookies. If you make more than that they won't be as fluffy.First you will need to make the pecan butter. Do it the day before to save time and so it has completely cooled. You don't want hot pecan butter when making the cookies.
- After making the roasted pecan butter, make sure to measure 1 cup in case you made more than that in the food processor. Add it to a bowl with the syrup and vanilla. Stir until well combined. In a small bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk very well. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the flour mixture. Now add the flour into the wet ingredients a small amount at a time, stirring until just combined. Put the bowl into the fridge for 20 minutes to chill only.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Depending on how creamy you pulsed your pecan butter, your batter may be a bit crumbly. If so, just press the dough together roughly with your hands by large spoonfuls. Divide the dough into 12-14 cookies only, if you want them thick and fluffy. I added a few extra chocolate chips on top of the cookies too. Do NOT flatten or spread out the dough, leave it piled high. They should bake high and fluffy as in the pictures. I made 3 batches and they all turned out fabulously fluffy. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes or until just starting to turn golden brown around the edges. Mine were perfect just at 11 minutes. Do not over bake!
- Cool 10 minutes and transfer to cool completely on a cooling rack before handling...if you can contain yourself! After they have cooled, place them on a paper towel to drain any extra pecan butter. The pecan butter makes these VERY buttery, so it's best to keep them on a papertowel while storing them.
The Vegan 8 is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclosure policy here.