A Raw Vegan Strawberry Peppermint Cheesecake for any occasion, especially the holidays. Using whole food fresh ingredients, this cheesecake is gluten-free and oil-free and dairy-free!
Well, you guys might as well get used to it…I’m sharing another vegan cheesecake recipe with you.
I just have to thank you. In the past couple weeks, I’ve had several sites and their Facebook pages share my Raw Cinnamon Spice Cheesecake Tart and it went wild…..I had over 7,000 views just in about 24 hours. I couldn’t be more grateful for all the love and do you know what that tells me? People like vegan, raw, easy cheesecakes with FEW ingredients!!
Enter the Raw Vegan Strawberry Peppermint Cheesecake.
I love to use repeat ingredients in my crusts and the fillings to keep the ingredient list low. I know this is what is appealing and you don’t need a long list to make something taste out of this world. The feedback on that cheesecake has been so phenomenal, that my brain has turned to cheesecake.
Today’s vegan cheesecake is simply amazing…..the fruity, sweet strawberry flavor is festively complimented with just a touch of pure peppermint oil. Don’t be fooled, that 1/8 teaspoon of peppermint oil is plenty. It is very concentrated, so it just needs a tad and the cheesecake tastes just like the holidays. And what could be more festive than all this red?!
I just don’t know what else to say about it….several readers have stated they are making the Cinnamon Spice cheesecake for Christmas….but I think you need to add this one too! I don’t think there will be any complaints if you serve 2, do you? This one is a showstopper too…pink and festive and gorgeous. You don’t have to use crushed peppermint to make the recipe, I just added it for extra oomph and I like garnishing with the flavors that are inside a recipe, because visually people will instantly know what they are about to eat. We always eat with our eyes first! It’s up to you, you could just use all strawberries if you avoid candy.
I hope you all love this Raw Vegan Strawberry Peppermint Cheesecake! Be sure to leave feedback below and star rate the recipe!
Raw Vegan Strawberry Peppermint Cheesecake
- 3 heaping cups (310g) raw sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 heaping cups (284g) heaping cups raw whole cashews
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or agave
- 2 heaping cups (about 10 oz) fresh strawberries, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup (60g) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon pure peppermint oil (not extract (found at any craft store like Michaels) OMIT for just a strawberry flavor
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Crushed candy canes 5-6 and strawberries, omit candy cane if you want it 100% raw or avoid candy
- I use this scale.
- First prepare the crust. Add the almonds to a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs. Add the syrup and vanilla and pulse until it clumps together. It should hold when pressed between your fingers.
- Grease a springform release pan on the bottom and sides for easy release later. Add the crust to the pan and press down flat and evenly on the bottom. Alternatively, you could use an 8x8 square pan. Just make sure to line the pan with plastic wrap hanging over the sides for easy removal.
- I created a ring of crushed candy cane pieces on top of the crust, as you can see in the photo. But you don't need to and I wouldn't do it next time. It melted in the cheesecake and I found it unnecessary. You could press them up the sides if you wanted,after freezing. To crush them, I just added mine to a ziplock bag and pounded it with an ice cream scoop to break them up in small pieces, but not crumbs, for a more visual effect.
- Add all the filling ingredients to a high powered blender and process until very smooth and creamy. Be very careful when measuring the 1/8 teaspoon peppermint oil, as it is very strong, and anymore would be too much. This amount was perfect. If you don't have a high powered blender (Vitamix, Blendtec, etc.) then soak the cashews in a bowl of room temperature water for 5 hours and drain and rinse, then proceed with steps. Pour filling over the crust.
- Place in the freezer for several hours or overnight is preferred. When ready to serve, remove the cheesecake about 15-20 minutes or so before so you can release the springform pan. Don't let it sit out too long, or it will start to soften too much. It helps to gently push from underneath the pan. Garnish with thinly sliced strawberries and crushed peppermint, if desired, right before serving,
- Slice and serve. If you are using the square 8x8 pan, just pull the cheesecake out with the plastic wrap after it has sat out after the 15 minutes, slice and serve. Immediately place back in the freezer to retain it's shape, as it will soften. Cover with plastic wrap directly on top of the cheesecake to prevent ice crystals.
I hope you make this and love it as much as I do…it is truly amazingly, delicious!
Comment and Rate This Recipe