Roasted red bell peppers, lemon and garlic make this hummus so flavorful….
Mmmm I love hummus but it is usually so expensive in the stores so why not make your own and know it will be fresh! I also love red peppers so the addition to the beans gives it a nice kick. It’s a perfect snack that is healthy, satisfying and full of protein. I eat it almost daily so my recipe is a good size batch that should last a week in the fridge.
Hummus With Red Pepper
- Two 15 oz cans organic garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup of roasted red peppers
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or just use low-sodium vegetable broth for an oil-free version, add more as needed to blend
- 2 heaping tablespoons tahini
- 1 tsp hot pepper paste I use Amore hot pepper paste
- Juice from 1 lemon to desired taste
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until puréed and creamy, scraping down the sides as necessary. This will take a few minutes. Taste and adjust any seasonings if desired. Serve with carrots or homemade tortilla chips or eat by itself.