Roasted Broccoli & Rice Bowl with Chipotle Red Pepper Sauce. Vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, oil-free, meatless dish. Healthy whole grain, veggies and just 8 ingredients.
Yes, yes, yes. I’m back with another bangin’ sauce recipe. This nut-free sauce is at the request of a reader who asked that I come up with a red bell pepper sauce that she and her family could enjoy, without the fat and/or nuts. So, obviously I knew what I would do. Funny enough, I already have a creamy red pepper sauce on the blog and it’s super popular, but it contains nuts which won’t work for many people and they are super expensive. I totally changed up that recipe to suit this veggie bowl.
Today’s recipe has a little kick too….not too much, just right.
This is a super simple and light meal with whole grains and colorful veggies. The sauce is nearly fat-free, making it an excellent choice for health.
You are not dreaming either that this entire bowl is just 8 yummy ingredients (plus salt & water).
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this Roasted Broccoli & Rice Bowl with Chipotle Red Pepper Sauce. Drop me feedback below as I love to have it here on the blog connected to the recipe and it brightens my day! I’d also love to see your pic on Instagram. Make sure to tag me @thevegan8 and put my hashtag #thevegan8 in your CAPTION! For some reason, I have been missing many tags from you guys now unless my hashtag is in your caption….more crazy changes with IG. I don’t want to miss it. Thanks!
Roasted Broccoli & Rice Bowl with Chipotle Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup (180g) brown Jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile pepper spice
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups (270g) corn
CHIPOTLE RED PEPPER SAUCE
- 2 red bell peppers or 2 heaping cups (260g) chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chile pepper spice
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cooked and packed mashed potato
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup water (depending on desired consistency)
- Add the first 3 ingredients to a small pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, immediately cover and turn down to low and simmer for 25 minutes or until all the water is gone. Remove from the heat, return the lid and steam the rice for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 415°F and place all the chopped bell peppers on a pan lined with parchment paper. Keep in mind that 1 of the bell peppers is for the bowl and the other 2 are for the sauce, so try to space them a bit on the pan so you will have the right amount when making the sauce. Season with salt.
- To another pan lined with parchment paper, add the broccoli and season with salt and pepper. Put both pans in the oven. Place the peppers on the middle rack and the broccoli on the lower rack. Bake for 15 minutes. Your peppers should be tender and starting to brown and the broccoli should be tender, but still firm. Cook the broccoli longer if needed until fork tender.
- Add the 2 cups of bell peppers to the blender and reserve the other 1 cup for the bowl. Add all of the other "chipotle red pepper sauce" ingredients to the blender as well. Blend until completely smooth. It should be a nice smooth, creamy consistency. I started out with 1/2 cup water and you can add more if you want it thinner. Slightly warm over the stove just until warm if desired.
- Heat the corn in the microwave or over the stove. Assemble individual bowls with the veggies and rice and drizzle with the chipotle red pepper sauce.