These Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookie Protein Bites are everything you love in the cookie, but without the junk. These taste just like the cookie, but without all the garbage ingredients in the cookie! They are gluten-free and oil-free as well!
I used a delicious, high quality protein by Sprout Living for these, but you could sub with whatever one you love, or just add a bit more oat flour. I wanted a protein powder that didn’t use artificial sugars/sweeteners or gums. Their products are raw, organic, non-gmo, gluten-free, soy-free and gum-free!
It was like Christmas once I discovered them online from reading rave reviews on another site. Once I read the ingredient list, I was sold. Brown rice protein powders tend to be gritty and unpleasant. I have found Epic to be the smoothest of them all. You can still slightly detect the texture (if you use 2 full scoops), but it is very slight and far better than any other I’ve tried.
The flavor, and by far my favorite, that I used for this recipe is their Vanilla Lucuma. It is sweet and has a wonderful vanilla flavor and aroma.
I’m sharing these AMAZING snickerdoodle protein bites with you today. These were so delicious, the picky husband even approved and said “they taste just like a snickerdoodle cookie!” My daughter just kept wanting to eat all of them and I had to hide them. YES! That was my whole goal….and all accomplished without refined all purpose flour or tons of white sugar and butter. The floral vanilla flavor from the protein powder and enhancing it further with pure vanilla extract and cinnamon made them absolutely delicious. Best part, is they are quality ingredients.
Let me know what you think after you make these Snickerdoodle Cookie Protein Bites!
Snickerdoodle Cookie Protein Bites
- 2 tablespoons Epic Protein Powder Vanilla Lucuma Or just use plain lucuma or your preferred vanilla protein powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup oat flour 112 g, 4 oz (Use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave
- 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter cashew butter works too
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- I have only made these using Epic vanilla protein powder so I can't vouch for the results of any other. Epic has a very clean, gourmet vanilla flavor, so that is why I love it. I highly encourage you to try theirs! If you want to make these immediately and you don't have Epic, just make sure you use a high quality vanilla protein powder.
- I make my own oat flour by adding 1 1/4 cups quick cooking gluten-free oats to a food processor. Process until finely ground for a couple of minutes. If you have any extra, use it in a smoothie. Make sure to only measure out 1 cup of oat flour.
- Add the protein powder, oat flour, cinnamon and cream of tartar to a medium bowl and whisk well.
- In a separate cup or small bowl, add the syrup, almond butter and vanilla. Stir and pour over the dry ingredients.
- Stir the batter for a couple of minutes with a spoon continually pressing it with the back of the spoon. It will seem too dry, but keep pressing and it will all come together. You don't want the batter too wet or the balls won't hold properly.
- Add the cinnamon sugar ingredients to a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Using a tablespoon or melon ball scooper, form balls with your hands and roll them into the cinnamon sugar. Store at room temperature in an airtight container to stay perfectly soft or in the fridge to become firm. I like mine at room temperature. These are best eaten within the first 24 hours, which shouldn't be a problem! (They start to dry out after 24 hours)
***CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED***
Wouldn’t you love to open up this box for an early Christmas present?
Here’s how to enter:
1. You must be a follower of this blog to qualify. Just enter your email in the box at the top right of this page and click the orange “subscribe” button.
2. Enter the rafflecopter giveaway below. Note: you can gain additional entries by “liking” and “following” the social media pages and their site.
This contest is open to US residents only until Thursday 12-19-13 at midnight. I will notify the winner by Friday.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: Sprout Living provided the product for this review and giveaway, however, I was not paid to do this review or under any obligation. I started using Epic Protein before given this opportunity, so all opinions expressed are my own.