This smoothie is not only amazingly delicious, but it is loaded with some major antioxidant goodness. I’ve been drinking one every morning for over a week now. I actually can’t wait until morning everyday, just so I can drink one. I absolutely love smoothies and more importantly, love how they make me feel.
My daughter absolutely loves them too. When prepping it each morning, she says “smoomoo”!!
This smoothie is incredibly high in Vitamins A, C and E just to name a few. There is actually so many benefits, it would take forever to name them all. I recommend a whole orange over just orange juice because the majority of the benefits and nutrients come from the pulp of the orange. Parsley is high in vitamin A, C and incredibly high in vitamin K….153% of our daily RDA, in fact! It is also high in luteolin, which acts as an anti-inflammatory agent in the body. Ginger also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, as well as promoting absorption of other nutrients into the body. Blueberries are an antioxidant powerhouse, being one of the highest antioxidant fruits out of all fruit. So, basically, drink this smoomoo everyday and boost your immune system!!
Sunrise Detox Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries about 10 large or 15 or so small ones
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 whole orange peeled and seeded
- 1 small handful parsley you cannot taste the parsley at all in this smoothie, so you can adjust more or less
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger peeled and finely chopped (add more if you want to taste the ginger)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup coconut water or add another cup of orange juice instead for a fruitier version
- Add all ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth. If you do not have a high-powered blender, let the strawberries thaw for several minutes first, otherwise it is hard to blend and you don't want to add too much water to dilute the flavor.
I hope you enjoy this one!