Learn how to make the most delicious Taco Spiced Roasted Potatoes Oil-free with homemade taco seasoning! These are so rich in flavor, mildly spicy and so tender with slightly crispy edges. They are the perfect side for dipping into your favorite sauce or stuffing into tacos or vegan Mexican burrito bowls!
TACO SPICED ROASTED POTATOES
I shared these Taco Spiced Roasted Potatoes in my Instagram stories that I made for dinner this week and received a ton of messages asking for the recipe, so here you go! I created these on the fly for tacos that night and omg, they turned out so delicious, perfect texture and the most amazing flavor. I created a taco seasoning on the fly for these potatoes and it was magically delicious.
So, basically, if you are looking for a way to spice up taco night, burrito night, a vegan Mexican bowl or just to shove some delicious taco-spiced potatoes in your mouth, this is the recipe to do it. They are amazing in the tacos, mixed with corn, black beans and I drizzled them with my homemade Poblano Pepper Cream Sauce on top of it all. SO GOOD.
- Red or yellow skinned potatoes
- Chili powder: This is the standard American chili powder, which is a blend of different spices, not a habanero type of spice. You can use store-bought or my homemade blend.
- Ground cumin
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried oregano
- Coconut sugar
- Smoked paprika
HOW TO MAKE TACO SPICED ROASTED POTATOES
Step 1: Combine all of the taco seasonings in a bowl and whisk well.
Step 2: Coat the peeled potatoes with 1 1/2 tablespoons (2 tablespoons for more spicy) of the taco seasoning mix and add the salt and mix well with your hands, tossing repeatedly, until evenly coated.
Step 3: Spread onto a pan lined with parchment paper evenly so they aren’t overlapping.
Step 4: Bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes until well browned and crispy edges.
WAYS TO SERVE THESE TACO MEXICAN POTATOES
Dipping Sauce: I love, loved these dipped into my Poblano Pepper Cream Sauce.
Tacos: I’ve also served them inside tacos with black beans, corn, vegan cheese and drizzle of poblano pepper cream sauce on top of the tacos.
Burritos:They’d also be amazing stuffed inside burritos.
Vegan Mexican bowls: Spice up a Mexican Burrito Bowl by adding these potatoes!
MORE VEGAN MEXICAN RECIPES
- Cheesy Mexican Tortilla Bake
- 30 Minute Mexican Chili
- Mexican Tahini Sauce and Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Vegan Mexican Cheese (6 ingredients!)
*This post contains affiliate links. See my full disclosure policy here.
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave feedback below and share your pic on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @thevegan8 #thevegan8!
Taco Spiced Roasted Potatoes (Oil Free!)
- 2 tablespoons standard American chili powder (Store-bought or my homemade blend. Make sure it doesn't have added salt.)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (secret ingredient that enhances the overall spices!)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder (adds another layer of smoky and spicy) optional
FOR THE POTATOES
- 2 pounds red or gold skinned potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of the above spice mix (use 2 for spicier potatoes)
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat an oven to 400°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the taco spices into a small bowl and whisk very well until thoroughly mixed.
- Make sure your potatoes are diced in the similar sizes so they bake evenly. 1/2 inch pieces bake beautifully and get cirspy edges. Add the peeled potatoes to a large bowl. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning (use 2 tablespoons for spicier potatoes) and add the salt as well. You will have extra seasoning leftover.
- Use your hands to toss the potatoes repeatedly until all are very well and thoroughly coated.
- Spread the potatoes out evenly onto the prepared pan, making sure they aren't overlapping.
- Bake on the middle rack for 25-30 minutes until very well browned and the edges are crispy. Eat right away. I love, loved these dipped into my Poblano Pepper Cream Sauce, but have also eaten them inside tacos with black beans, corn, vegan cheese and drizzle of poblano pepper cream sauce on top of the tacos. They'd also be amazing in burritos or Mexican burrito bowls.
Comment and Rate This Recipe