ULTIMATE VEGAN CHOCOLATE GLAZE
This glaze is so rich, chocolatey and decadent, but totally oil-free! I mean, it is a glaze and has sugar and I want it to taste like a glaze. BUT, it is not full of what you typically see. You know…butter, cream or confectioners sugar, yet it is incredibly delicious. Hubby gave it two thumbs up. He is a hard one to please too.
You can use this any way you see fit. Whether you are needing a glaze for your bundt cake, cupcakes, pies, cookies or even over ice cream. Oooh, pancakes….oh yes, I’m putting it on pancakes next time!!
I actually wanted to call it a ganache because it looks, tastes and holds up just like a ganache. However, since ganache is typically heated over the stove, and this is a raw icing, I decided not to. Regardless of it’s title, it’s so rich and amazing. I highly recommend making it the day before you plan to use it. It becomes sweeter, slightly thicker and the sugar really dissolves perfectly overnight.
It has an absolutely gorgeous glisten to it, too. I just couldn’t stop staring at it.
I have had a couple of people message me for vegan frostings/icings lately, so I thought I would be sharing a few of mine coming up on the blog. This is one of my go-to recipes when I don’t want to use a buttercream type.
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this Ultimate Vegan Chocolate Glaze! Leave feedback below after you make it please.
Ultimate Vegan Chocolate Glaze
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons (18g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch (tapioca really works best as it completely dissolves in the glaze)
- 1/16th teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons roasted creamy almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Add the first 4 ingredients to a large bowl and stir.
- Add the last 3 ingredients to a small bowl or cup and stir. Add the wet to the dry and beat with a hand mixer, starting on low and then increasing to high, until it's very smooth and there are no lumps remaining from the cocoa or sugar, a couple of minutes. Scrape the sides as needed.
- You can use it right away if needed, but I recommend making it the day before you need it. It will become slightly sweeter, thicker and the sugar dissolves perfectly overnight. Store it at room temperature. If you store it in the fridge, it will become a lot thicker.
- This makes plenty to glaze an 8 or 9 inch round single layer cake or an 8X8 square cake, brownies, bars or whatever you like! You can also use it on cupcakes by smoothing it out with the back of a spoon. It should be enough for a dozen.
- Note: It is not recommended to heat this glaze. The texture will dramatically change, as tapioca becomes eggy when heated. Store it at room temperature.