These Grain-Free Vegan Almond Butter Cookies are super crispy, perfectly sweetened with coconut sugar and are vegan, gluten-free, wheat free, flourless, grain-free, and oil-free!
These might just be my favorite new cookies!! They are buttery, moist, tender and are wonderfully crispy. They are extremely addictive. These are the thin, crispy type of cookies. These are the EASIEST and fastest cookies to prepare as well. Seriously..only took me about 5 minutes and 6 ingredients!
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES
These vegan almond butter cookies also are gluten-free, wheat-free, flourless, grain-free, and oil-free! They get their sweetness from the coconut sugar and the almond butter, as well as their buttery goodness from the almond butter. I love thick and fluffy cookies, but sometimes I’m in the mood for the thin, crispy type and these do the trick. I couldn’t stop eating them! In the mood for peanut butter? Then try my 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies instead!
FLOURLESS VEGAN COOKIES
Who would think that cookies that have no flour of any kind in them could turn out so yummy, but they do! I’m a huge lover of almond butter so I love to use it in so many desserts, so it is obviously the star in the cookies. By using all almond butter and just flaxseed, the almond butter bakes up and firms up and there is no need for any flour. The almond butter becomes the structure as they bake. Not to mention, they are super buttery and moist this way.
I really hope you love these vegan almond butter cookies as much as we do! If you are a fan of crispy cookies, then you will love these. I’m sure they would even be delicious with chocolate chips!
Other delicious Vegan Cookie recipes to try:
- Best Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Snickerdoodles
- Vegan Old-Fashioned Iced Oatmeal Cookies
Grain-Free Vegan Almond Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raw chunky almond butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup optional: only if needed to moisten the dough
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees and line a sheetpan with parchment paper.
- In a coffee mug, heat up the water in the microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk the flaxseed in the water with a fork for 30 seconds. This will be your "egg". Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add in the almond butter, syrup (if using), vanilla and flaxseed mixture and stir until well combined. I grind my own almond butter so it's fairly thick (as you can see in the picture) and I had to warm it for a few seconds in the microwave. Keep stirring until it all comes together into a sticky ball. If your almond butter is really smooth, you may need to add a tad of flour just to get it into a dough to form into balls.
- Form into 1 inch or so balls and flatten with a fork or your hands about 1/4-1/2 inch thick and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown around the edges. You want them crispy. Cool 10 minutes on the pan, then gently transfer to cool completely on a wire rack. They will become crispier as they cool, so don't handle them while still warm, or they could fall apart. I stored mine in a ziplock bag and they remained crispy that way.