Apple pie meets cheesecake in this simply divine Vegan Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese. It is so delicious, so creamy and full of flavor. You only need 8 ingredients to make this and only 5 minutes!
VEGAN APPLE CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE
This vegan cream cheese is out of this world delicious and just screams Fall. I mean, who doesn’t love all things apple cinnamon? So, naturally I had to create a vegan apple cinnamon cream cheese for all the bagels and breakfast worthy of serving to guests.
The 2nd exciting thing…it snowed here in Houston, Texas! And for us Texans, that is a BIG deal because it rarely ever happens. It’s been so many years I can’t even remember in my mind when it last snowed here. It’s beautiful! When I was driving my daughter to school today I kept laughing and she asked why I was laughing and I told her, “Because I’m giddy with joy over the snow!” Cheesy, but it was so true. When something so rare happens, you really need to take the time to appreciate it.
IT’S ALL ABOUT VEGAN CREAM CHEESE
Now, I already have 4 vegan cream cheese recipes already on the blog, one AMAZING one in my cookbook and now this one. I honestly had to tear myself away from the food processor on this one. Apples are my favorite fruit and cinnamon is my favorite flavor, so when you add in tangy cream cheese to those flavors, it is pure bliss.This Vegan Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese will seriously make you weak in the knees. I’m not even kidding, it tastes like the combo of apple pie and cheesecake! That is seriously what the flavor is like. It’s so good I could cry.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CREAM CHEESE
To make this vegan cream cheese, you only need 8 easy ingredients (including salt):
- raw cashew butter
- non-dairy yogurt
- pure maple syrup
- apple cider vinegar
- lemon juice
- freeze-dried apples
Due to the popularity of my 5 Ingredient Strawberry Cream Cheese, I knew another flavor needed to happen. A trip to the CVS store is what inspired this spur-of-the-moment creation. I was waiting in line and looked over to see some freeze-dried apples and they were super cheap, like less than $2 a bag, so I grabbed 3 of them and immediately knew I would use them to make cream cheese. So, here we are. Dairy-free cream cheese never tasted so good.
OTHER VEGAN CREAM CHEESE RECIPES TO TRY
- Vegan Smoky Black Pepper Cream Cheese
- 5 Ingredient Vegan Strawberry Cream Cheese
- Vegan Blueberry Cream Cheese
- Vegan Pimento Cheese
- Vegan Ricotta Cheese
- Vegan Baked Smoky Cashew Cheese
- Vegan Baked Herbed Cashew Cheese
Vegan Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup (85g) raw cashew butter (I use my homemade blend with no additives) (Do not use a roasted cashew butter or one with added oil/sugar, etc.)
- 1/2 cup (120g) plain non-dairy yogurt (Silk brand soy, Kite hill almond or coconut work, but don't use a low-fat one or it will be too runny.)
- 2 tablespoons (40g) pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons (10g) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5g) apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 30 grams FREEZE-DRIED apples (fresh WON'T work, see NOTES)
- I use this scale
- You need to make this a day in advance before eating, as it needs to chill overnight. You must use a food processor for this, there is not enough liquid for it to incorporate smoothly in a Vitamix or blender.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and process until it breaks up into chunks. You will need to scrape down the sides several times to get it going. The yogurt and cinnamon will creep up the sides, so scrape it down well with as smooth spatula. It will seem too chunky at first, but scrape them down and let it process. Once it gets going, let it run 2-3 minutes or so until it is completely, super duper smooth, like in the photo. You don't want any bits of apple left.
- You should be able to test it and see how smooth it is. Now, if you taste it, it may seem not sweet enough, but trust me, do not be tempted to add more sweetener at this step! The flavors get sweeter and intensify to perfection overnight. Once it's entirely smooth, scrape all of the cream cheese out well, including around the blade, into a container and place in the fridge to chill and firm up overnight. It will be way too runny at this stage to eat right away.
- The next day when it's nice and chilled and firmed up, to me, it was absolutely perfect. Just enough sweetness and tang. It's not dessert, so you don't want it excessively sweet. It totally reminded me of an apple cinnamon cheesecake! Add to toast or bagels and enjoy!
The Vegan 8 is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Please see my full disclosure policy here.