A Vegan Butterfinger Ice Cream including homemade Butterfingers from scratch! This entire recipe is not only dairy-free and oil-free, it is just 8 ingredients!
You will either love me or hate me for this one……I’m guessing and hoping, love, though.
Remember these?? Well, I thought you probably didn’t get enough of these Raw Butterfingers and probably needed something else with them, right?? I actually have been holding onto this recipe since the week I posted them. However, I figured you needed a little space in between two Butterfinger recipes.
This entire recipe, including the Butterfingers, is 8 ingredients! (+ salt) This is possible because I repeat the same ingredients from the Butterfinger recipe in the ice cream base, as well. It took a few test batches, but this one is amazing.
I have been overwhelmed with amazing feedback from all of you guys making the raw Butterfingers. Some of you have made 4 or 5 batches already! So, I figured, we all needed the a raw vegan Butterfinger ice cream, too.
I didn’t realize just how much people like Butterfingers until I posted that recipe on facebook. Then I posted the teaser ice cream photo here on Facebook and you all got excited again. 😉 I love the engagement on Facebook, how else do I know what you like if I don’t hear from you?? So, PLEASE keep liking and commenting, it helps me to know what recipes excite you.
Totally rich, totally creamy and totally indulgent. This is not low calorie, so I don’t even want to hear about this being unhealthy, it is dessert, not a salad. It is however made with real, whole food ingredients, but nonetheless is a special occasion treat. You know, like on the weekends 🙂
Well, you also know that I love my ice cream maker. Just in case you are new to the blog. Check out some of my very popular ice cream recipes below…just in time for the warmer weather too:
Well, this one is just to die for. Rich and very decadent. I start out with a chocolate and peanut butter ice cream base and throw in the bits of Butterfinger throughout, it is very satisfying and you don’t need much for that sweet tooth.
This ice cream is reason enough to buy an ice cream maker. This Cuisinart one is a great, affordable ice cream maker that will do the job.
Raw Butterfinger Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter mine has added salt
- 1 1/2 cups "lite" canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashews 70 g soaked for a few hours if you don't have a high powered blender
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons raw agave or pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt this is key to butterfinger flavor, only omit if your peanut butter has salt
- 2-3 bars of homemade Butterfingers
- I make my own homemade almond milk very creamy which really helps with the texture of the ice cream. You can follow my steps for that if you want on the link above, or if you want to make this (non-raw), just use a lowfat can of coconut milk and it will give the same creamy texture.
- The day before or a couple of hours before making the ice cream, make the Butterfingers, following the link above. They need specific chill times before proceeding to make the ice cream.
- If you don't have a high powered blender, such as a Vitamix, then you will need to soak your cashews in a bowl covered with room temperature water for a few hours, drain and then proceed.
- To make the ice cream, add all of the ingredients to your blender and blend until everything is completely smooth, thick and creamy. Pour into your ice cream maker and churn for 20-25 minutes until a soft serve consistency is reached.
- While it is churning, chop up 2-3 Butterfinger bars into 1 inch pieces. Pour the ice cream into a container and stir in the Butterfinger pieces with a spoon. Place in your freezer for a couple of hours to firm up before eating.