This Vegan Cinnamon Ice Cream is only 7 ingredients, dairy-free and oil-free and made with coconut milk and cashews! So easy, fast and delicious to make. So much healthier than dairy ice cream and makes being plant-based just as delicious.
VEGAN CINNAMON ICE CREAM
Simple, sweet and bursting with cinnamon. This dairy-free Cinnamon Ice Cream is the bomb. It is also proof you don’t need dairy. It couldn’t be more simple to make too. You only need a 7 ingredients:
- Full fat coconut milk
- Cashews or cornstarch
- Maple syrup
- Coconut sugar
I looovee all the flecks of cinnamon throughout. Gorgeous. Yum. 🙂
This is such a simple recipe and so satisfying. My husband LOVED it…especially considering it’s dairy free, yet still delicious. Vegan ice cream is every bit as yummy as regular ice cream. My husband who is known as an ice cream vulture, can attest to this truth.
Vegan Cinnamon Ice Cream
- Two 13.5 oz cans of full-fat canned coconut milk I find Thai brand to be the best
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger spice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract use gluten-free if necessary
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch for corn-free, sub with 1/4 cup raw cashews
Update I no longer do the cornstarch cook version. I just use the 1/4 cup cashew version and I prefer the taste and texture, so I would suggest that option. Much easier and quicker too. Just blend and add to your ice cream maker!
- For corn-free, then you can make this version. If you don't have a high-powered blender, you will need to soak the cashews for several hours in warm water, drain and rinse and proceed. Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth. Pour into your ice cream maker and churn for 20-25 minutes until a soft serve consistency has been reached. Freeze for a couple of hours until firm and scoop-able.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the vanilla, into a small pot over medium heat and whisk well until there are no lumps.
- As soon as it starts to simmer, turn off the heat and whisk continuously for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer to catch any possible lumps and then into an airtight plastic container and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- After it has chilled, whisk again thoroughly to smooth out the mixture or strain again. Pour into your ice cream maker and see the magic happen. Mine took about 25 minutes. It will be a soft serve texture after churning in the ice cream machine. Place back in the freezer to firm up more for a few hours to desired consistency. If it completely freezes, set it out for a few minutes to soften some before serving. Use an ice cream scooper for best removal.