Learn how to make the most delicious Vegan Creamy BBQ Chickpeas and Lentils using simple wholesome ingredients and a homemade bbq sauce!
We all love easy and quick vegan dinners, am I right? These vegan creamy bbq chickpeas and lentils fit the bill. You only need a few simple ingredients and about 15 minutes to make this plant-based dinner!
It’s no secret how much I love barbecue sauce, like these Skillet BBQ Baked Beans! I love this recipe because the texture from both the chickpeas and lentils is so good.
Bonus that the recipe is high in vegan protein, too.
HOW TO MAKE BBQ CHICKPEAS AND LENTILS
Add the bbq sauce ingredients to a large bowl, whisk well.
Add the chickpeas and lentils to a pan with the barbecue sauce over medium heat.
Once simmering, cover and cook about 5-10 minutes until it has thickened some. Don’t over cook it or you will cook all the sauciness away.
Serve over anything you like…rice, in a buddha bowl, etc.
MORE VEGAN CHICKPEA LENTIL RECIPES
- Vegan Chickpea Ragu Tomato Sauce
- Vegan Instant Pot Smoky Lentils
- Easy Vegan Lentil Soup
- Oil-free Smoky Chipotle Chickpeas
Vegan Creamy BBQ Chickpeas and Lentils
- 1 1/4 cups (300g) tomato sauce/puree
- 1/2 cup (120g) creamy plant milk (soy, almond, cashew)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (50g) pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon (15g) red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- One 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- One 15 ounce can lentils, drained & rinsed
- Add the bbq sauce ingredients to a large bowl, whisk well.
- Add the chickpeas and lentils to a pan with the barbecue sauce over medium heat.
- Once simmering, cover and cook about 5-10 minutes until it has thickened some. Don't over cook it or you will cook all the sauciness away.
- Serve over anything you like...rice, in a buddha bowl, etc.
The Vegan 8 is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclosure policy here.