This vegan egg roll in a bowl is satisfying and tastes like an egg roll, but much easier and quicker to make, but still so delicious! After making the tofu, it is ready in less than 30 minutes!
VEGAN EGG ROLL IN A BOWL
This Vegan Egg Roll In A Bowl is for everybody who loves egg rolls but don’t want to actually spend the time rolling them, but still want that same delicious flavor! These are lazy egg rolls in other words, haha.
These turned out so delicious and my daughter really loved it!
This recipe includes sesame oil. I rarely use oil in my recipes, but in a recipe like this where traditional egg roll flavor is important, sesame oil just can’t be replicated. It’s a small amount of oil, so I don’t stress over it and it has a big impact on flavor.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN EGG ROLL IN A BOWL
First, make a batch of my smoky tofu, as this will be the vegan “chicken” for the egg rolls. After it is cooked and cooled, slice into thin strips.
Add all of the veggies and sliced tofu strips to a large bowl.
Make the sauce.
Toss everything together.
Cook this mixture for 5-10 minutes over medium heat in a nonstick pan until the veggies are tender to your desired preference.
While the veggies are cooking, make the crispy wontons. Simply slice them into triangles and bake at 400°F for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Vegan Egg Roll In A Bowl
- 1 batch of my smoky tofu
- 4 heaping cups (227g) shredded cabbage
- 2 cups (160g) shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons (45g) low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 heaping teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- several shakes of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 3 wonton wrappers
- First, make a batch of my smoky tofu, as this will be the vegan "chicken" for the egg rolls.
- After it is cooked and cooled, slice into thin strips.
- To a large bowl, add the shredded cabbage, carrots, green onion and sliced tofu strips.
- Make the sauce by combining the soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, vinegar, hot sauce, garlic powder, pepper and sesame seeds into a bowl. Whisk until everything is combined.
- Toss the veggies with the sauce several times until well coated.
- Cook this mixture for 5-10 minutes over medium heat in a nonstick pan, stirring often, until the veggies are tender to your desired preference. Add a touch more sesame oil for flavor and sautéing if desired. I added another drizzle.
- While the veggies are cooking, make the crispy wontons. Slice them into triangles and spray with nonstick spray if desired for a better taste like an egg roll. They don't taste very good plain but are fine once mixed into the egg roll mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Let sit for 1-2 minutes and they will crisp up.
- Divide the cooked egg roll mixture into bowls and break up the crispy cooked wontons into tiny pieces and toss in the mixture. Add any extra sesame oil, hot sauce or green onions before serving, if desired.