The most delicious and easy Oil-free Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies that are just 7 ingredients, gluten-free, made in 1 bowl and dairy-free. Ready in about 20 minutes!
*This post was originally published on 1-11-2019 and has been updated with better instructions and tips.
VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
It’s been quite some time since I shared a cookie recipe. In other words, it was time. I shared a pic of me making these amazing Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies on my Instagram stories and finally sharing that recipe today. I have another peanut butter cookie recipe on the blog that is really popular, 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies, but that one uses almond flour, so this one is quite different. Therefore, I needed a go-to gluten-free peanut butter cookie recipe.
You don’t need all-purpose flour here. All you need are 7 easy ingredients for these gluten-free peanut butter cookies (+salt if your peanut butter doesn’t have it):
- white rice flour
- tapioca starch
- peanut butter
- maple syrup
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Step 1: Add the dry ingredients to a large bowl. Secondly, whisk them well.
Step 2: Add the peanut butter, syrup, vanilla and chocolate chips. Stir until a thick batter forms.
Step 3: Form balls using 2 tablespoons worth of the batter and place about 2 inches apart on the pan, 9 on each pan.
Step 4: Flatten each cookie with your hands to 1/4 inch thick which should yield them to about 2 inches wide.
Step 5: Bake for just 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden. Enjoy!
Could it be any easier? Making these gluten-free peanut butter cookies in 1 bowl, 7 ingredients (+salt) and in 20 minutes. Therefore, you have no excuse not to make them.
HOW TO BAKE OIL-FREE COOKIES
Like with all of my recipes, I do not use oil in my cookies or desserts! And you know, you don’t need that oil, you need moisture. As long as you have a moisture or fat element, it works the same. Since there is a heavy dose of peanut butter in these cookies, they provide all the richness and moisture we need and are naturally oil-free. It is important that you use a peanut butter with no added oils or sugar. My favorite brand is Simple Truth which I buy from Kroger. They only add a touch of salt. Learn more oil-free tips at How to Cook and Bake Without Oil.
I love that these cookies are super fudgy and moist with a slightly crispy edge. In other words, perfect.
MORE VEGAN COOKIE RECIPES TO TRY
- Cashew Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Almond Butter Blossoms
- Vegan Snickerdoodles
- Vegan Old-Fashioned Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Thin Mints
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Coconut Cookies (reader favorite!)
*This post contains affiliate links. See my full disclosure policy here.
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup (80g) white rice flour (brown will make them crumble, see NOTES below for sub)
- 1/4 cup (32g) tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (if your peanut butter has added salt, then omit)
- 1/2 cup (160g) pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (256g) natural creamy peanut butter (with no added oils or sugar)
- 1 teaspoon (5g) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180g) dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Always use a scale for accuracy when baking following MY gram weights listed. You never need cups, nor to compare cups with weights, just use the scale and bowl. All my recipes are tested strictly using my weights listed and this will produce exact results.
- I use this scale.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Add the rice flour, tapioca starch, baking powder and salt to a large bowl and whisk well.
- To the same bowl, pour the syrup over the dry ingredients. Add the peanut butter, vanilla and chocolate chip and stir to combine everything. The batter will seem loose and wet at first but you will need to stir for around 2 minutes until it comes together into a thick, cohesive batter. It should no longer be wet. That is the nature of peanut butter.
- Form balls using 2 tablespoons worth of the batter and place about 2 inches apart on the pan, 9 on each pan. Flatten each cookie with your hands to 1/4 inch thick which should yield them to about 2 inches wide. Flatten them with a patting motion going around the cookie to keep the round shape. Refer to photos in the post for visual help.
- Bake only 1 pan at a time for 10-12 minutes. I did mine at 12 minutes, this will yield a crispier cookie and a nice golden brown color. Repeat with the 2nd pan.
- Cool 10 minutes on the pan, no exception, or they will fall apart. They firm up as they cool. Then transfer to cool completely on a rack.