Homemade Vegan White Hot Chocolate that is dairy-free, creamy, rich, indulgent and delicious! Made with just 5 ingredients…coconut milk, real cocoa butter, cashew butter, maple syrup and vanilla!
VEGAN WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE
I have been extremely elated to see how popular my Best Vegan Hot Chocolate recipe has become with you all. I’ve seen dozens and dozens of beautiful remakes on social media and 100% stellar reviews. I’ve had the itch to create a white chocolate version ever since. As shocking as it is to me, lol, there are some people who don’t like traditional chocolate. Here is your white hot chocolate.
It’s kind of funny to be sharing this when here in Texas, it’s been beautiful, sunny and in the 70’s. However, I know a large amount of people in other areas who are up to their eyeballs in snow and freezing, so I hope this will warm your bones some and make you feel all cozy.
Make This Homemade White Hot Chocolate With Just 5 Ingredients
This white chocolate is not only incredibly creamy and luscious, it is just 5 ingredients! To make this dairy-free vegan white hot chocolate, you will only need:
- Lite coconut milk (absolute best milk for hot chocolate, creamy and the perfect thickness)
- cocoa butter (gives that classic chocolate taste and makes it super creamy and thick)
- cashew butter (gives an extra depth of flavor and richness, has a natural vanilla flavor)
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
But before anybody asks, no, there is not a sub for the cocoa butter. Cocoa butter is what makes it actually be chocolate and taste like chocolate, without it, it’s just going to be sweet milk. Trust me, it’s worth it. The cocoa butter is also what makes it thicken up.
Now, the vegan white hot chocolate is already delicious on it’s own, but to make it coffee-shop worthy, both taste and presentation-wise, adding some mini vegan marshmallows, whipped cream and freshly grated nutmeg just sends it into white chocolate heaven!
OTHER VEGAN WHITE CHOCOLATE RECIPES TO TRY:
Vegan White Hot Chocolate
Homemade Vegan White Hot Chocolate that is creamy, rich, indulgent and delicious! Made with just 5 ingredients...coconut milk, real cocoa butter, cashew butter, maple syrup and vanilla!
- One 13.5 oz can "lite" coconut milk (this truly is the best milk to make hot chocolate, I would advise against subbing as others I've tried were not good. Lite leaves NO coconut taste!)
- 1-2 tablespoons (16-32g) raw cashew butter (Use 2 for a richer/thicker version. Use sunbutter for nut-free)
- 3 tablespoons (40g) finely chopped cocoa butter
- 2-3 tablespoons (40-60g) pure maple syrup, I used 3
- 1 teaspoon (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- Optional: whipped cream, marshmallows, nutmeg
- If you have a high-powered blender like a Vitamix, then add all of the ingredients to the blender and blend several minutes until very smooth and frothy. If you don't have a high-speed blender, then add all of the ingredients, except the cocoa butter, to a blender or food processor and process until smooth and frothy. It will only get frothy on a high speed and after a few minutes.
- Add the mixture to a pot over medium heat and then add the cocoa butter. It is important to not use a tiny pot for this, as it will bubble high and vigorously. Once it begins to boil, whisk continuously for a good 5 minutes so the cocoa butter melts and it cooks down slightly. It will seem very thin still after the 5 minutes because cocoa butter melts just like oil, so let the mixture sit for a few minutes before serving and it will thicken up more.
- Whisk once more and serve. Top with whipped cream, marshmallows and nutmeg if desired. If you have any leftovers and store them in the fridge, it will get very thick. Just rewarm and whisk it over the stove and it will be as good as fresh.