The combo of white chocolate, vanilla cake and strawberries come together for the most delicious, rich and smooth dairy-free milkshake! You won’t miss any dairy after this one!
Best milkshake EVER. We got an explosion of flavors here in this beautiful pink cold shake. We have the flavors of white chocolate, vanilla and strawberry cake to give us the most perfect milkshake imaginable. I absolutely LOVE chocolate milkshakes, but I’m so serious that this one is just as incredible.
I have tried to make creamy, rich strawberry milkshakes vegan before, but my husband never liked them because I was using coconut cream which is notoriously used to thicken up vegan shakes. Or, another popular choice is bananas. Well, bananas are great…if you like the flavor, but bananas stick out like a sore thumb in smoothies or desserts because of their strong flavor, especially if you don’t like the flavor. I loathe bananas, so that choice was out too. I also didn’t want the shake to taste like bananas.
I wanted this to taste just like a traditional creamy, milky strawberry shake. So, the combo of cashew milk, cashew butter and cocoa butter DID IT.
Would you just look at that gorgeous white chocolate milk. I’m telling you, this is phenomenal just as a white chocolate milk…without even adding the frozen strawberries. I was tempted to just drink it straight. In fact, this will be my go-to new hot white chocolate! Yeahhh.
This shake is LEGIT. It is perfectly sweet, tastes just like white chocolate, has a smooth gourmet taste from the vanilla and a dreamy creaminess from the cashew butter and cashew milk. SO GOOD.
I originally had another post planned today using cashew butter in a more indulgent dessert, but changed my mind after posting the Cookie Dough Chocolate Fudge Cake last week. Ever since seeing Sophia’s Salted Caramel Cashew Cacao Chunk Smoothie last week, I’ve had a hankering to post an indulgent shake instead. That one is next on my list by the way.
For this shake, I used the most amazing raw cashew butter from Vivapura. They sent me this wonderful cashew butter to try out and I absolutely loved the smooth taste and texture. All of Vivapura’s products are raw, vegan, organic and non-gmo. Thank God for companies like them that are committed to such high-quality products. They carry a large selection of products too, ranging from nuts, seeds, powders, nut butters and superfoods.
“At Vivapura, we offer the highest quality raw Superfoods filled with healthy proteins, healing antioxidants, vitamins & minerals to fuel your best health. From savory nut butters like wild jungle peanut, pecan, and almond butter to gluten free coconut flour, Vivapura offers a range of premium Superfood options.” (from their website)
I have used their products before, using their Lucuma in my 7 Ingredient Pecan Pie Bars.
Sprinkles just made everything more fun and festive and pretty, don’t they?
I’m super anxious to hear what you think of this amazing vegan strawberry milkshake! Be sure to leave me feedback below after you make it and feel free to tag me on Instagram at #thevegan8!
White Chocolate Strawberry Cake Milkshake
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cashew milk (I used So Delicious, or you can use another creamy plant milk like light coconut milk or soy)
- 2-3 tablespoons (40-60g) pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons RAW cashew butter (not roasted and with no added oil, it will ruin the flavor)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons (40g) melted cocoa butter
- 2 cups (280g) or One 10 oz bag FROZEN strawberries
- Vegan Sprinkles
- Coconut cream for topping (optional)
- If you don't want to use cashew milk, just make sure to select another plant milk that is creamy with some fat in it for best results. Light coconut milk or soy milk would be the best options. You can also sub the cashew butter for sunbutter, but it will change the vanilla cake-ish flavor some.
- Add all of the ingredients, except the frozen strawberries to a blender and process until very smooth. Add the strawberries and process just until combined and thick. Serve immediately. Makes 2 small smoothies or 1 large. This shake is really rich, so we definitely shared it between 2 of us. I topped them with whipped coconut cream and strawberries.
*Sprinkles: most brands are not vegan. I have a vegan brand by Let's Do Organic that you can order on Amazon or get at Whole Foods or some HEB's. They are very ugly in color though, so I did not want to use them in the photos. I used some that I've had forever in my pantry, but we use the ones by Let's Do Organic for consumption.